NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recording failure "...failed to lock a signal"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since I have updated my beloved GBPVR PC to NextPVR, I have a problem that the machine wakes up as desired, but afterwards the recording says "No errors, but no data delivered. This is usually because the device failed to lock a signal". I tried for example to record "Monk" at 3 a.m. , NextPVR woke up the machine, but the result was a failure, I attached the logs. As I understand the log, the recording was started and stopped correctly, what could be the reason?
If you are still using Win XP - you may need the DVBFix.
NPVR seems to be more prone too the problems than GBPVR was.
I am using Win7 for both, GBPVR in the past, same for NextPVR. But I made a clean install for the change. Where can I find the DVB Fix to give it a try?
If you are on w7 you won't need the DVBFix it is for xp sp3 I believe (It replaces broken microsoft hotfix with older files) Vista and 7 are not affected
I tried several recordings during the evening and the night, but they all failed (... failed to lock a signal and 0 Bytes). Afterwards, even the live TV did not work, I had to restart the pc. From the EPG I recognized that the update at 2 a.m. from the broadcast of the DVB-C worked properly every night.

Does anybody have an idea what to look for? The DVB-C card worked perfectly together with GBPVR 1.4.7
Lao Pan Wrote:If you are still using Win XP - you may need the DVBFix.
NPVR seems to be more prone too the problems than GBPVR was.

Dvbfix won't fix this issue.
Yes, I understood that the DVB Fix is only applicable for XP.

I would like to try to restart the recording service with the wakeup.bat, could somebody help me how to do this? I had a look at the wiki, but I was not able to find out how exactly to do this.
Update:
- I tried to deactivate the Firewall => no result
- I scheduled a recording while the pc was still active (no standby in between), recording was ok.
- After wakeup for recording, I had a look at the tray, the NPVR was red and status said "recording ...", LiveTV didn't work as well, I restarted the recording service with a click on the tray symbol => Live TV works, recording creates data in a new file.

Can I call the restart of the recording service after wakeup as a workaround?
You can run something, a batch file for example, on wakeup. I've done this, but I can't describe it from memory. I think you can figure it out from looking at the task scheduler, or google on run on wake or something like that. The batch file could restart the recording service, I assume. I think you need sub to look at this though. There have been similar problems with others. However, I have never had the problem. It might be related to how your machine runs the wakeup process. (shrug)
I found that could recreate the problem (not only with the recording). When I restart the pc, Live TV is working multiple times, then I go to standby and wake the pc up again, afterwards the Live TV stays black. Only restart of the recording service or the pc helps. I can't find a trace in the logs, looks identical before and after the standby. The problem did not occur with gbpvr at the same machine.
Pages: 1 2 3