NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV stops when recording ends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, if I'm recording a program, and also watching the same program, but say half an hour behind 'live', then I get kicked out of the live program when the recording ends. It's then often a PITA trying to watch the last 30min of the program - sometimes the time line of the recording is messed up. Last night NPVR wouldn't play the recorded version of the show at all, but I could acess the .ts file with WMP.
This is on a client BTW.
I've got 4 tuners and no other recordings happening around the same time.
Only managed to capture the client log this time, which I don't think says much.
Show recording 9-10pm, plus a couple of minutes padding. We start watching the ongoing recording from the beginning around 9.25pm.
10.02pm kicked out of time-shifted TV and unable to watch recording - NPVR locks up completely trying to access it through recordings screen.

BTW is it possible to get the server to hold logs for a couple of days? Often the problem will show up in the evening during grown ups tv, but by the morning when I'm able to look at the logs, they've been over written by scheduled recordings of kids tv.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33530[/ATTACH]
Do you have the latest patches installed? particularly #6 from the sticky 2.4.3 thread.
thanks for the pointer. will patch and see how it performs.
Hi, sub, don't think it worked. patched client and server. recording "have i got news for you" 9 - 9.30pm. Started watching (on client) around 9.15. Live / timeshift Viewing stopped abruptly at 9.32 (ie when recoding scheduled to stop).
Captured both sets of logs straight away.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33537[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33538[/ATTACH]
Reproduce it with this patch and repost the logs.
here you go. recording the apprentice 9-10pm. watching around 10min behind on client
had only got round to patching the server, so hope there's still enough info.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33557[/ATTACH]