NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Comskip, What am I doing wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't get comskip to work. I placed comskip.exe, comskip.ini, and PostProcessing.bat in the scripts folder. This is what my .bat looks like.
Code:
@echo off
cd /d C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\NPVR\Scripts
comskip %1
What else do I need?
(HideRun would crash so I decided to not add it to the .bat. By the way i'm using xp.)
The only thing I can see right off is try putting quotation marks around the path since it has spaces, or try using the shortened name? (Something like: cd /d C:\documen~1\alluse~1\docume~1\npvr\scripts -- I'm running Windows 7 now on all my systems, so I can't confirm that shortened path name right now.)
Finally go it working using this .bat:
Code:
C:\
cd C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\NPVR\Scripts
comskip.exe %1 >processing.log

The only problem is that when i'm recording 2 shows at once. Since both shows end at the same time comskip only works on one of them.
Gonzo, check out the script that johnsonx42 posted here: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post387833 It gets the job done and has some nice "bonus features" as well. Smile
Um, I've got all comskip files in my NPVR folder not scripts.
You say you've got the EXE and INI in your scripts folder.
I use the "stock" PostProcessing.bat(that is provided with the download) and it's in my scripts folder with the correct path to my NPVR folder.
3 recordings can finish and process with no problems
Just doing what the wiki said:
Quote:Extract these files from the zip into a directory of your choice. In this example we will use "C:\comskip\", but others have suggested installing in the \Scripts directory under the Default Data Directory.

comskip.exe
comskip.ini
comcodec.dll (donators version only)
hiderun.exe

The PostProcessing.bat I used was also from the wiki:
Quote:@echo off
cd /d c:\comskip
hiderun comskip %1