NextPVR Forums

Full Version: can't scroll through submenu items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded to the latest version of NPVR from the last version. Everything went well, almost. Everything functions fine if I use a mouse. If I use the remote control, I can't select any submenu folders. This only applies to the Video, Music, Pictures menu items because they are the only ones that have a submenu folder structure. Once you select the top level item, when it goes to the next level it jumps a specific number of folders and sits there. If you try to navigate off that folder, it just jumps around and goes right back to the same folder. This happens the same for all folders in question. I can navigate and select the folders with a keyboard. The logs indicate that the keystrokes from the remote are being processed as individual letters rather than a complete word representing the keystroke. I am using the Submenu plugin but have tried it without the plugin with the same results. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have attached my logs.
If you can navigate with the keyboard, then it sounds like the issue with remote, because it's just supposed to look like a keyboard.

What remote are you using?
Have you changed your KeyMappings.xml file?

ISTR that your problem is caused by having comments on the same line as your commands. Each of the characters after the command are passed one at a time as separate commands. The solution is to remove the comments or put them on a separate line before or after the command line.

Alex
Its a hauppauge remote. Nothing has changed in the keymappings. Nothing has changed in the iiremote.ini file. The remote works properly for all other parts of NPVR. It worked fine until the update. I have no idea what changed.
The probability is you have always had the problem but now with the first letter navigation it is jumping to that position in the list where as before it only made navigation (very) slow.
I'm pretty sure Jaggy is right.

What exactly is in your irremote.ini?
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It looked like a remote control issue from the start, but I couldn't understand why it suddenly stopped working until you mentioned the change to first letter navigation. I went to the irremote file and re-entered the data for the nPVR configuration. It works now, but I don't know what changed. I suspect there was a tiny error in one of the lines that threw everything off a bit.

Thanks for the help.