NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Noob question about NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all i just started evaluating NextPVR and got a couple of problem:

- I configure on pc as the server and installed npvr on another one and configured it as a client PC, when starting live tv viewing it take a long time i can hear about 2 second of audio and after that it says tha the tuner is not available anymore. If i look on the npvr server i can see in the status windows that it's recording the requested channel but after some time the recording stop and i get the error message on the client.

- I would like to have the interface in french but i can't seem to find the appropriate translation file the only file i found are for GBPvr.

- On all my h264 mkv file i got no sound at all, i tried with diffrent decoder configuration but no luck i use Haali media splitter could it be the problem ?

- I'd like to give a try on Popcorn Hour NMT device as extender but can't find somewhere to buy those one on the internet someone have a place where to get one used or refurbished ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Vrak71 Wrote:- I configure on pc as the server and installed npvr on another one and configured it as a client PC, when starting live tv viewing it take a long time i can hear about 2 second of audio and after that it says tha the tuner is not available anymore. If i look on the npvr server i can see in the status windows that it's recording the requested channel but after some time the recording stop and i get the error message on the client.
If you reproduce this problem, and zip and attach the client and server logs, I'll take a look for you.

Quote:- I would like to have the interface in french but i can't seem to find the appropriate translation file the only file i found are for GBPvr.
I dont think has made a french translation file. Pretty much everyone here seems to use english. It can be translated though - just needs someone to create the file. Let me know if you want pointers on how to do that,

Quote:- On all my h264 mkv file i got no sound at all, i tried with diffrent decoder configuration but no luck i use Haali media splitter could it be the problem ?
The decoders in the settings screen only relate to .ts files. For any other file type, it just asks Windows to play the file and it chooses the decoders. It'll be related to those default decoders it's using.
For the LiveTV problem i found the post about the TSReader update and apply it with success.

For the decoders found it too since it's using Directshow config.

For the translation i'm interested on the procedure to creat one so send me the info.

For the Popcorn Hour extender do you have an idea where i can get one ?

Thanks.
Vrak71 Wrote:For the Popcorn Hour extender do you have an idea where I can get one ?
I'm not sure about France, but in the UK there is a fairly steady stream of pre-owned ones available on ebay...

Alex
Vrak71 Wrote:For the translation i'm interested on the procedure to creat one so send me the info.
Probably the easiest way is to copy C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Languages\Czech.xml to French.xml, and edit the translations to match what you require. I'm not sure how complete this file is, so it's possible you may need to add more.

If you attempt it, post the French.xml and I'll include it with the next release.