NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel number customization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to modify the channel numbers so that they're not all over the place? In most if not all cases, I'd just replace the Digital version of the station with it's HD version and reduce the number of channels to scroll through.

I have an HDHR Prime, so maybe it gets done there or possibly in NPVR.
Try the Channels tab on the settings screen.

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...nnels#toc6
I know it sounded like a simple question to me, but doesn't that CHANNELS tab only change what guide data is assigned to that channel, not the source video feed?
Yes, the Channels tab changes the number given to the channel in the NextPVR TV guide.

I guess I don't understand your question. Can you expand or rephrase?
For example Spike tv, the digital edition is channel 49, I'd like to make that the HD one which is 189. My guide can be reduced by 1 channel for every one I can combine. I might instead just change the whole cable lineup so that I can see 90% of what I want in the top 50 channels. Would make finding programming much faster.

I was thinking this might be a Silicondust issue, but hoped that maybe NPVR could handle it since it seems to handle a lot of other controls.
For spiketv, just map the spiketv guide data to the HD channel, and number it however you like.
Thank you McBainUK and Johnsonx42. That is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realize that the station number could change through that interface and thought it to be just for the guide data.

This is something that I haven't had access to before and makes creating a lineup so much better.
Jakesty Wrote:Thank you McBainUK and Johnsonx42. That is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realize that the station number could change through that interface and thought it to be just for the guide data.

This is something that I haven't had access to before and makes creating a lineup so much better.

I had another use for this. My comcast HD sportsnet was not showing up as channel 922 but as 536. I renamed it to 922 and hooked the 922 HD version of the xmltv.xml guide to it. I also had 609 TCM HD show up as TCM 608. I could tell by looking at the video that it was the HD version. Again, what I did was change the number to TCM 609 and map it to it.

My initial scan was 530 channels for SD HDHR prime cablecard. I have paired to down to 212. Most of the pairing were copy once premium channels such as HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Encore, misc movie channels; on demand channels; sports league packages; sports channels I did not subscribe to; and home shopping copy freely channels that I did not want to see.

I did the pairing by deleting in the guide. What that the place that I should have deleted the channels from?
yes, that's the correct place to delete the channels you don't want. you could also delete them from the device setup screen; either method has the same net effect.

btw, you meant "pared", not "paired". I took "paired" to mean "merged", another NPVR channel management function, which made my first 3 reads of your post very confusing Wink
Thanks for the reply, sorry about the incorrect use of paired when I meant pared.