NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Client reports tuner in use - but it's not.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had NPVR working fine for about 15 minutes this morning then my wife brought up the program guide while watching a show. The video disappeared and selecting a channel resulted in nothing happening (no popup, nothing). Choosing live TV from the main menu takes quite a while to do anything then it shows the channel for 1/2 second, quite, and says the tuner is in use for live TV.

When I go to the server it reports the same issue. After a reboot the server works normally again but the client now only reports the tuner in use (regardless of rebooting both machines).

I wasn't running the NRecord service on the client (though I did try with it running as well) so there's no log for the client NRecord.

Any ideas?
So you have the other nrecord.log files? That server nrecord.log doesn't seem to show the problem occurring.
That sound like the problem I get when my HDPVR count goes to -1. It certainly is a possibility here

Code:
2012-04-29 11:09:53.526    [ERROR][7]    Live stream expired without renewal. (handle:170002)
2012-04-29 11:09:53.526    [INFO][7]    AnalogRecorder stream count now 0
2012-04-29 11:09:53.527    [DEBUG][7]    Graph stopping...
(still playing on the client)
2012-04-29 11:09:58.921    [DEBUG][17]    Renew lease failed (0x170002)
2012-04-29 11:09:58.921    [DEBUG][17]    liveHandleRenewalTime contains 0 handles:

Martin
Ok I completely reinstalled the server machine - windows, everything.

I uninstalled NPVR on the client and deleted both the program and data directories completely.

After getting everything running on the server (including sharing drives without passwords etc) and having it play nice I re-installed NPVR etc on the client.

I still get the error that the tuner is in use when it isn't.

Here's the client npvr.log and server nrecord
Do you have the patches installed from the sticky thread? I'm specifically thinking of patch number 3.
I did install the patches but I did that one again just in case. Now it works. I must have skipped actually copying the .ax file for that.

So that problem is solved for me, thanks!