NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nDroid and media player apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
cooper43 Wrote:Brian,

Sorry I missed your PM. I just downloaded android 4.0.3 and things seem to work better. I can watch live video over Ethernet using MX player but the audio is off and paused intermittantly -- video looks good. For recorded video,, it doesn't seem to play.

Steve

I am a first time user and I am thrilled I found this app. I am using it with my asus transformer. Live tv and recordings work fine except for MX Player having the problem above. I use wifi. The best player for TS HD is mobo player (which works fine with upnp server for the same files), no hick ups and no issues, however, only MX Player can be used with nDroid, I have 4 other players including mobo player. Do you recommend a player for ATSC HD recordings? Thanks
zaldwaik Wrote:I am a first time user and I am thrilled I found this app.
Glad you like it. Smile

zaldwaik Wrote:The best player for TS HD is mobo player (which works fine with upnp server for the same files), no hick ups and no issues, however, only MX Player can be used with nDroid, I have 4 other players including mobo player. Do you recommend a player for ATSC HD recordings? Thanks
nDroid doesn't specify which player will be 'fired' when it attempts to play audio/video media, it depends on which players you have installed and which is set to be the default.

It's a bit like file associations in Windows - you may specify that WinAmp (for example) is the default player for files with a .mp3 extension and Windows Media Player is the default for .wma files.

nDroid simply uses the Android OS mechanism to start external apps (such as media players) and 'asks it' to find an app which can handle media with a MIME type of video/*. If you've chosen to set one media player, such as MX Player, as the default for video then the OS will always start that one.

You can clear defaults on an Android device by going to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications and selecting the app you want to remove the defaults from - there should be a button labelled 'Clear defaults' or similar. Once you do that, when nDroid attempts to play a video, the Android OS will show you a list of available apps that can do it and you'll be able to choose one.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks for the reply. I have not set any defaults, when I choose a file, I get to pick the player from all of them, but then nothing works (error given when trying to play the file) except selecting mx player which is the worst for ts files.
zaldwaik Wrote:...I get to pick the player from all of them, but then nothing works (error given when trying to play the file)...
I'm not sure what to suggest or at which end the problem is (the nDroid streaming server or those Android apps).

If you try with the various players then zip and attach the nDroid Service logs, I'll see if it's anything at the service end that I can fix.

Cheers,
Brian
Have you tried DicePlayer?
gonzo90017 Wrote:Have you tried DicePlayer?
Thanks for the tip, it does not play any ts files, only blank screen. However, it seems to be just as good as video player with mp4 files.
zaldwaik Wrote:Thanks for the tip, it does not play any ts files, only blank screen. However, it seems to be just as good as video player with mp4 files.
Another possibility mentioned by OTAJunkie in another thread is VPlayer. I've given it a brief try out and It seems to handle my UK (DVB-T) SD .ts files without problemsi.
VLC beta for Droid may work.
I am so glad I found this feature, it's making me think more and more toward moving from STV to NPVR. This is one STV doesn't have. Now can we remotly control the PCH and or the MPC's we have built via a web/droid interface?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1517415
skl111 Wrote:Now can we remotly control the PCH and or the MPC's we have built via a web/droid interface?
PCH...no but it's something I've been meaning to research. Not sure what you mean by MPC (media PC???). In that case, yes via EventGhost - somebody posted something on the forums a while ago which works. I can't remember the particular link at the moment - try a search. If you can't find it I'll check later when I'm back at my computer.
VLC for android seems to work well MX Player chops the video too much