NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Guide doesn't show xmltv.xml listings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use mc2xml to get the microsoft epg data to populate C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Epg\xmltv.xml Channel mapping points to this file for epg data. I can see the data in the xml file, but the guide in NPVR reports no show details.

All has all been working fine up until the glitches with Microsoft not serving the data recently. However this time, when MS resumed updating the listings, NPVR has not been getting the data from the file. I haven't been able to solve this one on my own. Please help.

Logs attached.
have you emptied epg and then updated?
Can you hit the 'update epg' button, then post the npvr.log?
Here's the log after updating the epg from setting>channels> update epg button.
I don't know how to explain it, but suddenly the guide is populated after the last round of manual updating the epg. The only thing I did differently is that I renamed the xml file to xmltvOLD, thinking a new one would be created. But it wasn't, so I changed the name back to xmltv.xml, and one more manual update (having done this at least 6 or 7 times before) did the trick.
OTAjunkie Wrote:have you emptied epg and then updated?

Would this require remapping all the channels?
Esteban Wrote:Would this require remapping all the channels?

no, it only dumps the xml file data

MC2XML will only download if there is new data available (once a day) unless you use <-f> to force download.
If you don't empty your EPG then it doesn't populate with the data you may/or may not have downloaded
I'll try that next time.