NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV sees channel that NPVR does not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
My TV receives a clear QAM HD channel that Media Center, MediaPortal, and NPVR do not.

The TV reports the physical channel as 109, and the frequency as 705000000. Can anybody tell whether that would have been included in the auto scan? I used "Standard 70+" and one of the "All countries" and it is not found.

It sure would be nice to be able to receive this channel.
yes, both of those scans would have scanned that physical channel. try tsreaderlite and see if it can pick up anything on that channel.
If you can do a scan, then post the npvr.log, I'll check if it saw anything at all at that frequency.
Don't know if this is related, but the hauppauge twin tuner cards (for example) have passive splitting of the aerial signal, so each tuner is receiving lower signal strength than a single tuner (or a tv) would. This was certainly the cause of some 'missing' channels I had in the UK during our digital switch-over when some of the transmitters were on low power.
He's using digital cable though, so the signal ought to be strong and there shouldn't be any significant variance between the channels. "shouldn't be" of course doesn't always equal "couldn't possibly be", but it doesn't seem likely.
I downlaoaded and ran tsreaderlite scanning just 108-110 and it seems to see the channel, but I don't really know what I'm looking at, so I'm uploading a screenshot. The missing one is the second image (and second detail, which I unfolded).

Does this help?

I will do a scan with NPVR, sub, when system becomes more available. In use right now.
Pat Clark Wrote:Does this help?
Yes, for comparison against the scan results in the npvr.log when you can post it.

Can you also zip and attach the fullscreenshot. Its too small to ready the details that would be useful
johnsonx42 Wrote:He's using digital cable though, so the signal ought to be strong and there shouldn't be any significant variance between the channels. "shouldn't be" of course doesn't always equal "couldn't possibly be", but it doesn't seem likely.

That's completely wrong. Based on the pixelization I get directly from the STB to the TV there is a visible difference which the STB diagnostics screen confirms as a significant db variance. Squirrels ate through the run to the house and I lost some but not all channels.

Also i replaced an older higher quality splitter with a dollar store splitter marked for 1 Ghz and several more channels popped up. If I add a splitter for the analog tuner, some channels won't scan at all.

Martin
sub Wrote:Yes, for comparison against the scan results in the npvr.log when you can post it.

Can you also zip and attach the fullscreenshot. Its too small to ready the details that would be useful

Here are the log and the screenshot. I tried running tsreaderlite again to get more info to show, but it would not maximize and I couldn't expand the info pane either. The info that is below what is shown is this (it wouldn't allow copy/paste either, so this is hand-entered)

Descriptor: Registration Descriptor
Format Identifier: 0x47413934(GA94)
The scan results are only showing 2 channels on that frequency, when it should be finding 3.

You might need to capture a 30 second or so full transport stream from that frequency, so I can run it up here in the debugger. You can get this file by creating a c:\temp directory, and setting HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NPVR\RecordFullTS=1 (DWORD), then watch one of the other channels on that frequency (like WFTS-W) for 30 seconds. It'll create a c:\temp\full.ts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4