NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to find capture device????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear all,

new server rebuild.......

XP MCE....

Have gotten over the fact that NextPVR is still not able to find the DXRuntimes that are definitely installed on this box...

Don't need hardware rendering anyway as it is just a box feeding thin clients

After adding more than one DVB device to the system consistently got the message "unable to find capture device" for any scanned channel on any device.

So un-installed NextPVR, total wipe clean and then started with just one device.

Hauppauge HVR1100 happened to be my choice...

Still getting unavailable tuner error message even though I just scanned the channels and it found them....

What have I forgotten here?

Probably more than I remember Wink

This is not trying to run through a thin client just on the server direct...

and BTW don't like this latest v of 7Z it does not allow archiving of log files in XP with NextPVR running... Big Grin

back to winzip for me

Wink

[Edit] Not sure if it matters but on the server have installed SAF6 for codecs. And all latest patches from Mr Johnson... [End Edit]

cheers all

steeb
For the DirectX, what video card is in that machine? It looks like the DirectX runtime either not installed, or the card isn't up to the task.

Quote:2012-05-14 22:16:35.171 [ERROR][1] Error initialising Direct3D: SlimDX.Direct3D9.Direct3D9Exception: D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE: Not available (-2005530518)
at SlimDX.Result.Throw[T](Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Result.Record[T](Int32 hr, Boolean failed, Object dataKey, Object dataValue)
at SlimDX.Direct3D9.Device..ctor(Direct3D direct3D, Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, IntPtr controlHandle, CreateFlags createFlags, PresentParameters[] presentParameters)

You attempts to use the device aren't working because your machine seems to be missing the (normally-present) Microsoft BDA components:
Quote:2012-05-14 22:17:03.968 [DEBUG][4] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter
sub Wrote:For the DirectX, what video card is in that machine? It looks like the DirectX runtime either not installed, or the card isn't up to the task.

As above post this is Hauppauge HVR 1100. I do remember some problems before with this card and NextPVR but on the analogue side.... Not with DVB-T

Sub for all you do I cannot believe that you are talking again about DX not being installed. It is installed. Your runtimes have just never worked somehow with XP on most machines.... and I know that you will just tell me they must do because it is not down to you how they are called.

The card may be up to the task, or it may be not. What is the task? It is a hauppauge DVB-T card. With no hardware rendering? What task do you ask of it?

Quote:Your attempts to use the device aren't working because your machine seems to be missing the (normally-present) Microsoft BDA components:

Ah ha now we may get to the rub Wink Any ideas anyone why vital BDA components are now missing?

cheers all

steeb
sub Wrote:For the DirectX, what video card is in that machine?

Try reading "video card" NOT "TV capture card" for this part Wink
steeb Wrote:As above post this is Hauppauge HVR 1100. I do remember some problems before with this card and NextPVR but on the analogue side.... Not with DVB-T

Sub for all you do I cannot believe that you are talking again about DX not being installed. It is installed. Your runtimes have just never worked somehow with XP on most machines.... and I know that you will just tell me they must do because it is not down to you how they are called.

The card may be up to the task, or it may be not. What is the task? It is a hauppauge DVB-T card. With no hardware rendering? What task do you ask of it?
As Jaggy point out - 'video card' not 'capture card'.

I use a library called SlimDX to do the Direct3D stuff, and the error message in your log is basically showing SlimDX getting 'NOT AVAILABLE' back from the operating system when it tries to initialise Direct3D v9 support.

Quote:Ah ha now we may get to the rub Wink Any ideas anyone why vital BDA components are now missing?
I dont know. The only times I remember seeing them missing was when users are trying to install on server versions of Windows, or cut down embedded installs. I'm not aware of anything that makes them go missing on a previously working install.
Jaggy Wrote:Try reading "video card" NOT "TV capture card" for this part Wink

Thanks Jaggy, yes, Video Card. IE Graphics card. I have moaned about this on XP machines since NextPVR came out. I have now installed on 5 different machines with XP and every time NextPVR tells me that DirectX is not installed. When it is. What would you like me to do? Call dxdiag from run? All comes up cushty and perfecto.

In fact first run of NextPVR on this machine there was no red warning lines and all was fine until I rebooted!

This is not a Video Card problem and as I said I don't care any way as I don't need it to run on my server.

How are the baby Sun's? Not babies any more? On to the next batch Wink

steeb
sub Wrote:As Jaggy point out - 'video card' not 'capture card'.

I use a library called SlimDX to do the Direct3D stuff, and the error message in your log is basically showing SlimDX getting 'NOT AVAILABLE' back from the operating system when it tries to initialise Direct3D v9 support.

I dont know. The only times I remember seeing them missing was when users are trying to install on server versions of Windows, or cut down embedded installs. I'm not aware of anything that makes them go missing on a previously working install.

Thanks sub,

something somewhere in my build goes wrong when the drivers get involved.... It has to be them. Can't think of anything else.

will re-think rebuild.

cheers

steeb
Definitely a problem with the way I was loading devices, I think. How the MS BDA components got lost no idea. Something with the order in which I was loading drivers seems to be the issue. Installed as standalone DVB-T device HVR1100 is working fine....

Serves me right for building an old box with old components!

I don't want to dwell on it but really the DirectX thing has been an issue with XP and NextPVR for me from the start...

Unless DirectX requires a reboot for full installation and is not registered until it is done?

Or something I am doing from moving from default EVR renderer to VMR9 that causes issues?

Or something else?

I got the chance to finally explain what I mean by a screen capture and logs from a fresh install of DirectX web download as given by Sub and clean install of NextPVR.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

The next time I fire up NextPVR I get the warning about DX not installed, but all I have done is close NextPVR and open it again.... :confused:

Now for adding other devices in a different order to see how that goes Wink

cheers

steeb
What video card were you using?

I've haven't had an XP machine here for years, so I cant give you too much advice on DirectX setup on XP. Others have managed to get it working on XP, so you should be able to aswell.

If you google "D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE: Not available (-2005530518)" you'll find quite a few hits. Hopefully one of those will help you work through it.
Cheers sub, I have now bothered looking at the logs and seen that on initial NextPVR load they show DX not available but obviously screenshot shows NextPVR not showing this. So it has always been a problem. Off to investigate... Thing is all DXDiag tests show everything fine.

Any way do not want to dwell on it as is only a server! Not trying to run NextPVR on it as a viewing machine Big Grin

cheers muchly as ever

steeb
Pages: 1 2