NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVB Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

we know about it, we've picked up on it and I really want to try to document it. Because I am bored having to remind myself about it let alone seeing posts where someone says have you tried the DVB Fix!

DVB Fix.

• Is this only relevant to XP users? (I believe so)
  • All very well and good pointing to a MP link but that link may change and that is boring and tedious to find that it is a missing link.
  • I 'think' I can speak on sub's behalf here to say that I suspect he would not like to host any M-Soft files on his server (sub?)

ideas anyone?

cheers

steeb
AFAIK it only applies to XP sp3 users who don't have Media Centre installed...

Alex
steeb Wrote:
  • I 'think' I can speak on sub's behalf here to say that I suspect he would not like to host any M-Soft files on his server (sub?)

Personally I don't mind if this file is hosted here if you think it'd be useful. I don't think MS would be going after anyone to get it removed.
Thanks all for input as usual!

Martin, that is the point of my thread, it may be well documented over at MP but it is a problem for some NextPVR users. The wiki is supposed to be like a manual and it really doesn't serve well when pointing off to other sites...

Alex, is that AFAIK right? I am running XP MCE but it was only after I had problems with an MVP that Martin pointed out I needed DVB Fix that things started working again....

sub, I can't think that MS would have a prob but wanted to check with you first. Of course slowly XP users will drop off the scale but I think for now it is worth having up there. There are 3 files involved:

mpeg2data.ax
PsisDecd.dll
psisrndr.ax

cheers

steeb