NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to import previous recording?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I renamed a recording outside of NPVR such that the recording was unintentionally removed from the NPVR database. I tried to name it back and restart the service but it did not pull the recording back into the database. Is there an easy way to "import" the recording back into NPVR?
Hopefully you'll have a recordings dump xml file with its details? Failing that, use the dump files you do have as a template to get it back in.

Iain
ISTR that it can be tricky trying to import a recording that was already there and deleted. ("already exists or something??).
I think I used to rename the recording to get it back into the database (or more drastically, rename it in the database and re-import the now, "new", file).
Thanks - I was able to find an old recordings-backup.xml that had the file and import that recording. Isn't that metadata embedded in the .ts files, though? If so, it would be nice to be able to just select individual .ts files to import.
cncb Wrote:Thanks - I was able to find an old recordings-backup.xml that had the file and import that recording. Isn't that metadata embedded in the .ts files, though? If so, it would be nice to be able to just select individual .ts files to import.
You can do that with VidImport (see wiki for more details).
Reddwarf Wrote:You can do that with VidImport (see wiki for more details).

I will check that out next time. Thanks.
Sounds like a good suggestion.

I've added this capability for the next release.