NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Letter from Verizon Fios - CableCard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I received a letter from Verizon that my CableCard might not have been properly activated. The letter said to tune to channel 131, which is their information channel. If you can receive the signal, you are all set. If you don't, you should have a screen with CableCard ID, Host ID, etc. When I try to watch on NPVR I get a black screen. I tried on MCE & it was able to display the channel. I have a Ceton InfiniTV & I can record & watch all the other channels. Did anybody else get this letter & try to watch 131? Does this mean I won't be able to record & watch on an NMT after July 31st?
If you are able to see 131 in Media Center, your cable card is obviously working right. Network Recorder can't tune in certain cablecard channels and maybe 131 is one of them. You can't view PPV and premium channels.
It sounds like they are implimenting Copy-Once flags after August. FIOS had been CopyFreely for everything until now.

131 is probably the test channel for the flags.
There was a thread about this on the SageTV forums but it sounded like it was just the premium channels http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58675 I have sent babgvant an email to see if he thinks there will be any impact to SagDCT for non-premium channels.

Martin
ElihuRozen, babgvant got back to me and both of us would like to know if it would be possible for you to record upload a 50 MB sample with your SageDCT logs. SageTV users have been struggling a bit with the streams from Verizon recently and the problem might be related to a change in the way they mux they files. I've had a look at some of these streams and they have played on the NMT but they do need a patch from sub to play on the PC.

If you can't even record the channel babgvant posted a debug method here that could work http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthre...count=1105

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:ElihuRozen, babgvant got back to me and both of us would like to know if it would be possible for you to record upload a 50 MB sample with your SageDCT logs. SageTV users have been struggling a bit with the streams from Verizon recently and the problem might be related to a change in the way they mux they files. I've had a look at some of these streams and they have played on the NMT but they do need a patch from sub to play on the PC.

If you can't even record the channel babgvant posted a debug method here that could work http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthre...count=1105

Martin

I'll get you something tonight after work. (I'm in Eastern U.S.) I did save a live buffer recording of channel 131 a few weeks back, but I don't know how big it is. I will get you a 50 MB sample from that or record a new one.

Elihu
Thanks, with the changes in Verizon over the last few weeks, I think a new sample would be best.

Martin (also Eastern)
Hi Martin,

Your PM box is full & not accepting new messages.

If it were accepting messages, you would have one with the following text:

I didn't think I could use the HDHR tool with the Ceton InfiniTV card based on the name. I didn't research beyond the name.

I captured it with NPVR. I just went into TV Listings and said to record & then, a while later, said to stop recording. Verizon ha a generic program listed for six or eight hour blocks to fill the listing for that channel.

Elihu
Sorry about that it was a dumb question, consider it CableCard envy. Both babgvant and I agree that the relevant streams are encrypted, Unfortunately what that means for your non-premium channels is unclear. Maybe be proactive and ask Verizon to reactivate your card just in case, to avoid long support calls after the change.

Martin
How did you make out?

Martin
Pages: 1 2