NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What is the best splitter filter / demux to use with NPVR TS Files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been experimenting with various decoder and filter combinations with my NPVR TS files (both SD and HD).

For years now I have used the Nvidia Purevideo Decoder -- with great success on all types of mpeg recordings and it seems to work quite well on the NPVR ts files -- but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a splitter filter to usel. I am currently using a Cyberlink splitter from an older version of PowerDVD -- but wondered it there was anything better. I never had success with the default Microsoft splitter and the Cyberlink is better for me -- but not perfect.

My filter chain is as follows:

Standard File source
Cyberlink demux (PDVD8) splitter filter
Default Directshow sound device
AC3 Filter decoder for AC3 files or ffdshow for mp3 files
EVR renderer
Nvidia PureVideo Decoder

From years of testing and experimenting I have found that the splitter filter is just as critical as the video and audio decoders in getting correct and smooth playback for mpeg ts and for that metter ps files.

Any splitter filter suggestions would be appreciated.
If you watching in NextPVR, then it always uses the Microsoft MPEG-2 Demultiplexer for playback of .ts files.
Thanks Sub -- does anyone have any recommendations for a splitter / demux filter to use outside NextPVR on NextPVR created .ts files. The reason for asking is that I often archive shows recorded via NPVR and watch using Zoom Player which allows for infinite flexibility in filter selection.