NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to communicate with recording service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get the above error message every time I try to watch a program (by choosing it through the guide). Not yet managed to see a single frame of video. Tried temporarily switching off firewall - same error.

Logs attached in hope these will clarify issue.
Elroch Wrote:I get the above error message every time I try to watch a program (by choosing it through the guide). Not yet managed to see a single frame of video. Tried temporarily switching off firewall - same error.

Logs attached in hope these will clarify issue.
As a first step I would try to explicitly allow Nrecord.exe, NdigitalHost.exe and NextPVR.exe through the firewall. Do you have other antivirus/protection software installed?
it does look like a firewall issue; make sure you really have allowed the three executables through the firewall, and check for other firewalls on the system. Many users have had problems like this, and eventually discovered they had more than one firewall running, or that they had one disabled that still somehow managed to block something.

also make sure you installed the needed .net runtime (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...4ENUS22003), as NPVR uses .net remoting to communicate among parts of the software.

(also, do make sure you restart the recording service after making firewall changes, or even reboot - in your case NRecord got hung at 08:18:58, so all your attempts to run NextPVR after that failed no matter what... even if you fixed the problem at 08:19, you would have never known)