NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR Questions/Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

So I decided to try NPVR rather than my WinFast PVR app for my tv usb tuner.

I have a few questions though regarding NPVR though. I can't seem to adjust the volume. Is there a way to? Also is there a way to cap the live tv steam at 24/25 fps? It looks so damn weird when playing at 50/60fps. I ask this because the WinFast PVR app plays it all at 25fps.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum and to NextPVR!

Volume: Are you using remote or keyboard. For the later, try + and - keys to adjust volume.

playback: Australia uses PAL, the same as the UK so playback frequency should be at 50hz for livetv so I confess I am not too sure what problem you are having. (Perhaps some others in ANZ can advise better than I). There is a plugin called Autorefresh that will set the playback frequency (of your graphics card output) for different video formats (inc. live tv) but your screen needs to support the associated output frequency.

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Plugin.Plugin
regarding the volume, afaik NPVR still does not have volume control. My understanding is that with GB-PVR everyone wanted volume handled differently, and perhaps sub got tired dealing with it, so NPVR simply doesn't do it at all. Volume is up to you and Windows to handle.

edit: there is a VolumeOSD plugin, but it doesn't actually add volume control - all it does is monitors the system volume level, and reflects changes with an OSD.