NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PIP Problem, reboots computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I had PIP running, just using the keyboard, no remote I made a couple of channel changes successfully, then it rebooted my computer. I tried running PIP a second time with the same results.

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
The reboot shows this message in Event Viewer.

[INDENT]The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8003c314e0, 0xfffff8800f40ea08, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 080512-12417-01.[/INDENT]
I'm guessing it's something to do with your videocard's drivers. You might have better luck switching to a video decoder that doesn't do hardware acceleration, or using the primary monitor if you're on a multi-monitor setup, or switch to a different video renderer, or dont use PIP Big Grin
It's an NVidia 7600 GT, no multi monitor set up. What would you recommend for a different decoder? I can try that as long as the performance is there. CPU E8400 3.0ghz Duo.

I understand you can't support every model of card, but this is a fairly generic or stable card. Should I upgrade drivers on it as well? Currently Driver Version: 8.17.12.8566 from 10/20/2011. This computer is dedicated to working with NPVR only.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Jakesty Wrote:I understand you can't support every model of card, but this is a fairly generic or stable card. Should I upgrade drivers on it as well? Currently Driver Version: 8.17.12.8566 from 10/20/2011. This computer is dedicated to working with NPVR only.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
To be honest, I dont know. If it's rebooting though, then it's almost certainly in one of the drivers, and video card drivers seem the most likely, since this activity involves a second video renderer. Experimenting with the things I mentioned above may help you narrow it down, and might help you find a combination that works. There isnt a lot else I can suggest at this stage.

It's pretty early days for this feature though, so I'll keep an eye on feedback from other users to see if we have any other reports - this will help us track down commonalities between those having problem (like particular video cards or driver versions).
download BlueScreenView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html) and have a look at the minidump - it'll tell you where the crash occurred and give you some clue what to update or investigate. I agree with sub though, it'll likely be something in the video driver.