NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Device not listed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The hard drive on my PVR machine recently crashed, so I am starting from scratch on a new drive with a fresh install of Windows XP SP3. After installing everything, when I run NPVR and go to Settings and Devices, nothing is listed. I have a Hauppauge PRV-150 installed. I installed all the pre-requisites including the Hauppauge drivers and WinTV. I checked AnalogDevices.xml and my card is listed with the same name shown in the FilterCheck log.

On strange thing I noticed is that when I installed NPVR, I got the message "DataDirectory registry setting does not appear to be set correctly. I checked the registry and under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/NPVR, DatDirectory did exist with the value "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR. Any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks,

Jeff
They probably missing because you dont have WinTV (or more specifically the SoftPVR components) installed.
I installed WinTV before installing NPVR.
View the Settings->Devices screen, then post the npvr.log and I'll take a look.
Attached is the log file.
NPVR is not finding the SoftPvr components:

Code:
2012-08-06 20:54:57.796    [DEBUG][1]    FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus
2012-08-06 20:54:57.796    [DEBUG][1]    MainConcept mux not present. Disabling analog support.

See http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ugeSoftPVR
Quote:2012-08-06 20:54:57.796 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: MainConcept (HCW) MPEG Multiplexer-Plus
2012-08-06 20:54:57.796 [DEBUG][1] MainConcept mux not present. Disabling analog support.
WinTV v7 isn't installed.

EDIT: what he said...
Oh, V7. That is what I get for not reading things carefully. I just got the drivers and WinTV for the PVR-150 and it was V6. It shows up now.

Thanks!

Jeff