NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Missing some channels, but gained some at the same time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have this card which works amazingly great in Windows Media Center and NPVR. What I have noticed after I setup NPVR is that I have a few extra channels, which is great, but some of the channels I have in Windows Media Center are missing. A perfect example of this is SYFY. I don't watch SYFY but it's one of the channels I am missing. I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to add the channels manually because.. I don't know their frequency. The missing channels show up in WMC. I don't like WMC because I can't watch a maximized window to take up the other screen. I watch TV while playing games, so NPVR has been the perfect replacement for WMC because I can watch it maximize window while playing games.

What do I do?
Are these missing channels analog or digital?
In all honesty, I don't know. They should be digital as my provider forces everyone to have a set top box if they want the packages above Broadcast. Broadcast is just.. the news channels. How do I check?

TVGUIDE.com
TV LISTINGS
Time Warner Cable
Standard
No Premium channels

EDIT:

Ok, I did another scan using All Countries and found a few more channels.. but still not the channels that are missing! I'm finding this funny because I live in North Carolina, but I just got a channel from New York.
you're not likely to get SyFy on digital without a cablecard (and if you had one you'd know). You probably get it on analog; try doing a channel scan on your analog tuner. Post logs after the scan if you still need help.
The analog tuner would be the ATSC one yah? The others type is QAM (the one with all the awesome channels).

Also, without the set top box the Standard cable is what you'd have if you just plugged the COAX directly into the TV. With the set top box it just has 230920359 channels more.

EDIT: No dice. ATSC tuner scan complete. No channels found.

EDIT: Had the QAM tuner do a scan using the HRC Cable Frequencies 70+ option and it's finding a ton of channels on the 552,000 spectrum.

EDIT: Found all the HD equivalents to the channels I have.. but still missing those channels. It's weird because if I go into Windows Media Center, I can watch those channels no problem. Is there a way to find out what frequency Windows Media Center is seeing those channels on and add it manually?
KidDeath Wrote:The analog tuner would be the ATSC one yah? The others type is QAM (the one with all the awesome channels).

Also, without the set top box the Standard cable is what you'd have if you just plugged the COAX directly into the TV. With the set top box it just has 230920359 channels more.

EDIT: No dice. ATSC tuner scan complete. No channels found.

EDIT: Had the QAM tuner do a scan using the HRC Cable Frequencies 70+ option and it's finding a ton of channels on the 552,000 spectrum.

EDIT: Found all the HD equivalents to the channels I have.. but still missing those channels. It's weird because if I go into Windows Media Center, I can watch those channels no problem. Is there a way to find out what frequency Windows Media Center is seeing those channels on and add it manually?
If you don't see tha analog tuner in your device setup it is probably because you haven't installed the SoftPVR part, npvr requires it to be able to use the analog tuner. Search the forums for SoftPVR and you should find a link to download and install it. Btw, WMC won't need it so that's why you see the channels in Mediacenter.
Analog is not ATSC. Try performing a QAM scan of all frequencies. if all your channels are not found, post or pm me your zip.
@whurlston - no, he needs analog. SyFy is not going to be clearQAM.

@KidDeath - install Hauppauge softpvr: see http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ugeSoftPVR
johnsonx42 Wrote:@whurlston - no, he needs analog. SyFy is not going to be clearQAM.

Mine is.
oh... I didn't know basic cable was still clearQAM anywhere... I just ASSumed you missed the fact that the channel he was looking for was SyFy. I also just assumed that his TimeWarner cable was similar to mine, in that Broadcast comes in on Analog and Digital clearQAM, while Basic comes in on Analog and encrypted digital, with all additional channels being encrypted digital only.

That all said, I just noticed he did post his zip code above, but the silicon dust channel database doesn't have a timewarner cable listing for that zip. I'm pretty sure though that activating his analog tuner will take care of it.
Pages: 1 2