NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting it to work : No audio, no record button.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I've installed nextPVR, tuned in channels but whilst I can see video there is no audio at all.

Using GraphStudio, I can see that nextPVR creates a DirectShow graph that, by default, uses Ffdshow for audio decoding which I believe is a sensible codec. However I have tried forcing others via the settings->devices options, but still no audio. It is using the default audio renderer, which works in other apps.

If I bring up the menu during live TV I can see Track 1 (MPEG1,eng) and Track 2 (MPEG1,eng, visually impaired) but selecting them does not bring in any audio.

So, how do I get audio ?

Secondly, how on earth would I start a recording as there is no record button or record option in the menu when viewing a tv channel ? Please tell me I don't have to switch to the Recordings section and start a manual recording after filling in a form :-(

TTFN,
Jon

-----
System : Windows XP (Media Center Edition)
Tuner Hardware : 713x BDA DVBT Tuner
You probably have to add NPVR to the whitelist in ffdshow. That's what others say, anyway. I don't use it. In settings/decoders you should see them selected. Click on the ... button to bring up the settings for the selected decoder. You should be able to find the right tab in ffdshow from there.

Here's the wiki link for the keyboard reference. Ctrl-K is record. Or, the record button on the remote to record from live TV.
what do you have selected for your mpeg-1 layer-2 audio decoder in Settings->Decoders? You should be able to use the one that comes with Windows. mikeh49 is right though, if you want to use ffdshow then you have to whitelist nextpvr.exe (or I think there's also an option to turn off the whitelist function).

also, it's very helpful to post your logs; a look at your npvr.log after you attempt livetv would have answered a lot of questions. help on that topic and others is in the thread linked in my signature.
Also if you want to use fdshow (tryouts not the obsolete original) make sure you actually enable the mpeg audio on the Codec tab. I use the libavcodec option.

Martin
The ffdshow decoder in decoder packs like SAF6 I think have MPEG2 enabled but if you download the decoder from its own site then MPEG2 is disabled.