NextPVR Forums

Full Version: universe and live streams from PlayOn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Martin,

I've been playing around with PlayOn and Universe again, and have encountered a bit of a problem. After I watch a live TV stream, like from the NBCOlympics or NASA TV plugins, an instance of MediaMallServer.exe stays at 50% CPU (i.e. 100% of 1 core on my dual core system) and makes everything else in NPVR slow and choppy. This goes on until I shut down the server from the PlayOn program, or just End-Task on the offending MediaMallServer.exe process.

Could this be a Universe bug where it doesn't properly tell PlayOn that no one is watching any more, or would this be a PlayOn bug? Have you encountered this before?

I attached the NPVR log; in this instance my wife went into Universe at 18:33:40.099, launched NASA TV for a minute, found it wasn't what she wanted (Curiousity rover mission coverage), and hit Escape. About 15-20 minutes later I went in and restarted the PlayOn server.

Thanks.
There is a PlayOn setting for resuming that you probably need to disable or it will keep transcoding

"Resuming Playback
You can configure PlayOn to either always fully process every video you start to watch from your device, or to end processing shortly after you stop or pause a video. This may be useful for users who prefer their PC to not allocate resources to PlayOn when they stop or pause a video before it finishes. Allowing all videos to be fully processed gives you the option in most situations to resume playback for the most recently played video, but will tax your PC processor until the entire video has been downloaded and converted. "

Martin
ah, thanks, I'll look for that setting.