NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Colored dots on recordings are great! But a couple of suggestions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sub,

Adding the ability to display the colored dots on recordings is great!!!! I did have to modify the recordings2.xml in the default skin to also display them for the non-selected list items, but that was easy.

Now that we are starting to use them regularly, I'm wondering if you could also support for them in the grouped recordings listings (i.e. Ready Recordings). The 2 specific things that I would like to see are:
  1. When a group listing is selected and a colored button is pressed, it would set that colored dot for all recordings in the group. So if there is a series that I don't care about, I could select the series, press my color, and then all of the current recordings would be marked indicating that I'm finished with them.
  2. Include an option to summarize the colored dot settings of all the recordings in the group. Ideally, it would have 3 display options: dot completely off if NONE of the recordings in the group have that color set, dot completely on if ALL of the recordings in the gorup have that color set, and something like a 50% dot (i.e. a different image file selection) if ANY of the recordings in the group have that color set.
BrettB Wrote:Now that we are starting to use them regularly, I'm wondering if you could also support for them in the grouped recordings listings (i.e. Ready Recordings). The 2 specific things that I would like to see are:
  1. When a group listing is selected and a colored button is pressed, it would set that colored dot for all recordings in the group. So if there is a series that I don't care about, I could select the series, press my color, and then all of the current recordings would be marked indicating that I'm finished with them.
  2. Include an option to summarize the colored dot settings of all the recordings in the group. Ideally, it would have 3 display options: dot completely off if NONE of the recordings in the group have that color set, dot completely on if ALL of the recordings in the gorup have that color set, and something like a 50% dot (i.e. a different image file selection) if ANY of the recordings in the group have that color set.

Sub: Any thoughts on this wishlist item?
#1 sounds ok.

Not so keen on #2.
sub Wrote:Not so keen on #2.

Bummer. That's actually the more useful one for me. When scrolling through the folders in the Recordings view, I'd like to be able to see if there are episodes in the folder that I haven't watched yet without having to open the folder and scroll through all of the episodes.
BrettB Wrote:Bummer. That's actually the more useful one for me. When scrolling through the folders in the Recordings view, I'd like to be able to see if there are episodes in the folder that I haven't watched yet without having to open the folder and scroll through all of the episodes.

Sub: I'm wondering if you might reconsider the request to "Include an option to summarize the colored dot settings of all the recordings in the group. Ideally, it would have 3 display options: dot completely off if NONE of the recordings in the group have that color set, dot completely on if ALL of the recordings in the gorup have that color set, and something like a 50% dot (i.e. a different image file selection) if ANY of the recordings in the group have that color set."

We've got quite a few series folders, many with multiple pages of episodes in them. Being able to quickly see from the grouped Recordings view if there are any episodes in the folder that I haven't already watched would be most appreciated!
I agree with BrettB on this.....but I would be a bit happier if there was at least some indication of the dot status in the folder view at all, as it is a real pain having to open folder after folder to find one the Boss has already watched so it can be deleted after I also watch it.....disk space seems to almost always be an issue no matter how many Tb we have....
Jaggy Wrote:...but I would be a bit happier if there was at least some indication of the dot status in the folder view at all, as it is a real pain having to open folder after folder...

Jaggy: I don't quite understand your comment. My request is to have an indication of the dot status in the folder view.
What I was trying to say was

"Ideal" would be a folder indicator if there are dot's inside that folder it displayed that colour dot on the folder as a full dot if all files in the folder had that dot & a part dot if only some files had that dot (which was what I read your wish as??)

"Not so Ideal" but would be a lot better than what we have now would be a folder indicator if there are dot's inside that folder it displayed that colour dot on the folder

Maybe I worded it badly as my mind is on a lot of different things at the moment....sorry about that
Agreed, these options would be very useful Wink
As I'm going through all of my recordings again to try to clean out things before the fall season really kicks off, I'm again reminded how helpful it would be if a skin had the ability to display colored dots on the folders in Ready Recordings to summarize the dot status of all the episodes in the folder.

Maybe sub could reconsider. :-)
Pages: 1 2