NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hitting NEWA from outside the lan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When I go to <MYexternalIP>:8866 from inside my lan, it works - I see the newa login page and the site works. I see an entry in the firewall log and in npvr's web.log file, both saying that the traffic came in from my external IP. All good.

Browsing straight to the local lan IP of the npvr box also works, no password required.

However, when I go to <MYexternalIP>:8866 from outside the lan (ie. I turn wifi off on my phone and just use 3G), I see a message saying "Server error in '/' application. Http error 400 bad request". I see an entry in my firewall log saying the traffic came from from my phone's external IP (ie. an IP on the 2 degrees network) indicating it happily forwarded the traffic to the npvr box, but there is nothing in web.log.

The windows firewall is off. Any ideas?

Cheers
Julian.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Can you post your web logs when accessing via mobile via 3G?
Nothing appears in web.log when I get that error. I tried it earlier today, that's the only time I've tried to use newa today, and there is nothing in the log dated 31/08 at all.
Hmm, I got a friend to test it and it works fine (IE9 needed compatibility mode). Maybe a 2 degrees issue with their 3G?