NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Not getting any guide data and missing channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I had NPVR 2.4.3 installed on a testbed and hadn't used it in a bit. I had nDroid installed and working as well.

Just updated it to 2.5.5, all patched up, updated nDroid to 1.8.2, but on my devices (HTC phone and Asus tablet) I'm getting no Guide data even though it looks like the files are being downloaded to the devices. It says something about sorting the database (sorry, didn't write down the exact message). I uninstalled nDroid and reinstalled it, but I'm getting the same result.

But, I have added an OTA ATSC tuner to NPVR, and it's not showing up in the nDroid channel list. So now I'm wondering if it's really downloading any data at all. I checked the channel zip file that nDroid creates on the server, and it does have the OTA channels in it.

BTW the list of Recordings does seem to be fine and being updated on my devices. Oh, and I previously turned off Windows Firewall.

Help would be much appreciated!
I'm not sure where the issue could be. Have you updated the nDroid app on your phone and tablet to the latest (v1.8.1)?

If you zip and attach the nDroid Service logs I'll take a look to see if anything is failing at the service end. The logs can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Beetec Services\nDroid Service (for XP) or, for Vista and later, in C:\Users\Public\Beetec Services\nDroid Service.

Cheers,
Brian
I found on my tablet where the files go, and I see schedrec.xml and sevenday.xml (and their zip files) but not the channels or npvr_config files.

Here are my log files. There may be some old data in some of them, so look for yesterday and today's dates.

And I'm running 1.8.1 client on both devices, and 1.8.2 on the server. Port 8790.

Thanks!
Zogg Wrote:I found on my tablet where the files go, and I see schedrec.xml and sevenday.xml (and their zip files) but not the channels or npvr_config files.
OK I think I know what's happening.

Go to Settings in the nDroid app and Clear Data. This will put the app into a 'first run' state and should then download the channels and npvr config files - hopefully that will fix things. It's a slight bug dating back to when I wrote the first version of nDroid and hadn't anticipated changes to channel line up and so on.

Sorry, I've been away from nDroid development for a while due to moving house recently so I couldn't quite remember how the process worked.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it and I'll try and work out what else could be wrong.

Cheers,
Brian
Partial success. I had already tried the Clear Data a number of times, so I uninstalled the app on my tablet and then reinstalled it.

I now see all the files there and in fact the list of channels shows correctly. However, I still am not seeing any guide listings, although the data file is there.

And now that I think about it, I think when I first played with all this about 4 months ago I had the same problem - no guide listings.
Hmmm. There have been issues with very large amounts of guide data but the zip for your sevenday.xml is only about 1MB which I don't think would cause problems. How big is the xml file itself?

At this point it gets tricky to find the cause...

Go to Play Store and search for catlog - the app should be listed first but if in doubt, the developer's name is Nolan Lawson.

Install it and start it then press the Menu button on your device and select More then Filters.

Create a filter for uk.co.beetec

Close Catlog and start nDroid, clear the data again and allow it to do the download - exit nDroid when it's finished.

Start Catlog and go to More then FIlters and select the filter you created - this will isolate the logging for nDroid on your device.

Use the Menu again and select Send and email it to an account you can access from your PC or save it as a file on your device and copy to your PC.

Post it here and I'll take a look.

Sorry it's a bit of hassle but if I can take a look at it then I should be able to find the problem.

Cheers,
Brian
My sevenday.xml file is 14.3 MB. Is that too big? I can remove some channels from the list if need be.

And I'll do the Catlog thing. No problem with the hassle, it's a learning experience and I greatly appreciate the help!

Cheers,
John
And here is my log file from Catlog.

Thanks,
John

EDIT By bgowland to remove attachment
Zogg Wrote:My sevenday.xml file is 14.3 MB. Is that too big?
Well in theory nothing is too big as the nDroid app will process anything it gets. It just comes down to available memory used when processing the xml data and storage for the database.

Zogg Wrote:And here is my log file from Catlog.
OK thanks. Bear with me - I can see errors in there but I'll need to track through my code to see what might cause it. It may be a memory issue or a problem with the xml file. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Cheers,
Brian
Hi John,

It's definitely having trouble processing the sevenday.xml but I'm not 100% sure why.

I have been doing work on the nDroid app over the past few months but haven't got it quite to a point where I can release a new version - I'll review the code tonight and see if I can get it out there ASAP.

As it stands, the new version will download the guide data as 7 individual zipped xml files and read them in separately so if it is a memory issue then that should fix things for you and hopefully for others who have had similar problems.

Cheers,
Brian
Pages: 1 2