NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Setting up Comskip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am very new to this NPVR. I have been using it just to record HDTV for a couple of months, but I would like to use Comskip to rid myself of the commercials. I have a batch file created, but I am confused as to how I tell NPVR to use Comskip.
parallelprocessing.bat:
Code:
cd /d c:\comskip
comskip %1

the parallelprocessing.bat goes into the NPVR Scripts directory. also, make sure you have "output_edl=1" in comskip.ini, as that's the file NPVR reads to skip the commercials.
Thank you. I have it working now. One quick question. Right now it is parallel processing but it will not skip any commercials until the file has completed recording. Is it possible to have it create (and frequently update) the EDL file while I am recording (so that I can start watching before the show has finished airing).
there's some parameter like "live_tv" in comskip.ini that tells it to output the EDL file as it goes. NPVR I think will only read the .edl when you start playback though, but you can exit playback then hit Resume and it will re-read the .edl file to pick up any new commercial breaks.
In my old GBPVR setup, comskip would process multiple recordings (3-4) which ended at the same time. I think it did them sequentially. But, with NPVR it only processes one recording and terminates. Is there a way to restore this capability?

crossnet

johnsonx42 Wrote:parallelprocessing.bat:
Code:
cd /d c:\comskip
comskip %1

the parallelprocessing.bat goes into the NPVR Scripts directory. also, make sure you have "output_edl=1" in comskip.ini, as that's the file NPVR reads to skip the commercials.