NextPVR Forums

Full Version: dvb radio not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't get dvb radio to stream. Is this a known problem? Stream starts for 1/2 second then nothing unless i pause and play, which gives me another 1/2 second.
To be honest I'm not sure I've ever tried streaming any radio channels, only TV. Not wanting to pass the buck but it could be a npvr issue as live streaming uses the npvr web service - either that or it might be the media player app on your Android device.

Post the logs from the nDroid service and also the npvr logs at a time you try to play a radio channel and I'll see if I can work out where it's failing.

Cheers,
Brian
...bit of a delay there... Here's some logs trying to play Radio 1 around 22.20. Npvr logs show something, but ndroid logs don't seem to have noted anything.
Same result as last time on the phone; plays 1/2 second, then nothing. hitting play/pause will get me another 1/4 second etc. etc.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34782[/ATTACH]
OK, definitely not an nDroid issue specifically - I'm seeing the same thing.

As I said in my previous reply, the nDroid app bypasses the nDroid Service when it comes to playing anything "live" and simply connects to the NextPVR web service. It could be that the NextPVR service is dropping out because the Android media player app isn't communicating in the right way or it could be that the media player app is expecting a video stream....which probably amounts to the same thing.

I'll try some other media player apps to see if it makes a difference although I may have to add some code to the nDroid app to identify audio-only channels and handle them differently. I'll get back to you on this.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks for looking. Will keep an eye in this forum for updates.
bgowland Wrote:Hi,

I did some more testing and eventually worked out if I set the Android player app to use software decoding, DVB radio worked fine. I suggest you try different settings for you media player app or try some other apps.

Cheers,
Brian

That works fine now - thought I'd post here to help anyone else with the problem.
FYI I'm using MX player on a Galaxy S2. This has separate settings for H/W and S/W decoding for audio and video streams. It defaults to S/W for video decoding ts streams, but needs to be manually set to S/W in the settings menu for playback of audio streams, as you suggested.
Thanks for looking into and solving the problem.
fuzzweed Wrote:That works fine now - thought I'd post here to help anyone else with the problem.
FYI I'm using MX player on a Galaxy S2. This has separate settings for H/W and S/W decoding for audio and video streams. It defaults to S/W for video decoding ts streams, but needs to be manually set to S/W in the settings menu for playback of audio streams, as you suggested.
Thanks for looking into and solving the problem.
Glad you got it working. I also had a problem recently when testing Live TV and realised a recent MX Player update had changed one of the decoder settings.

Inevitably as with any AV media stuff we're always at the mercy of the decoding mechanisms we use.

Cheers,
Brian