NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Added another tuner, new problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I added a Hauppauge Nova HD USB2 (dvb-s2) tuner today, and it's been giving me massive problems. When scanning for channels I get random BSOD.

Googling I notice it's not uncommon with hauppauge cards and BSOD (although I've allways had good experience with them) So I figure it was a bad card, but kept on trying to scan, chaning usb ports etc.

I finally as a test install For The Record again, and do a full scan, after scanning 200+ freq, finding several hundred channels withouth issue, I try live-tv without problem... seems again i have a problem with my tuner and NPVR.

But where to start this time ? Logs say nothing about the BSOD. Even viewer isn't very helpfull either (there are ofcourse crash dumps).
Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Haupp.? What windows are you running?
Yup, can't find any newer drivers, there are rumors that hauppauge has a beta forum, but didn't get access by registering on their support forum.

It's running on WHS2011. I was sure if was bad product/drivers, but then they work fine on same windows install with ForTheRecord, I find that really odd , I assume they both rely on the same BDA driver.
KRA Wrote:Yup, can't find any newer drivers, there are rumors that hauppauge has a beta forum, but didn't get access by registering on their support forum.

It's running on WHS2011. I was sure if was bad product/drivers, but then they work fine on same windows install with ForTheRecord, I find that really odd , I assume they both rely on the same BDA driver.
Sure they use the same driver, but I seem to remember that there is something different with npvr's way to tune and there has been other users that has had problems with the server versions of windows. Perhaps Sub can elaborate more, I can't remember the details.
I think you might need to do a scan and make the full ts stream available for sub to look at http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post436195 There might be a crash file created in C:\Temp too that might provide some info.

Martin
A BSOD will definitely be occuring in a driver call.

Does the BSOD identify the faulting module? It usually will. Alternatively, the BSOD details may have been added to the Windows Event Viewer so take a look there. Having this info will at least help identify what component of your system is having the problem. Its most likely the driver for the device, but you never know - it could be something else.

BTW, I do have that same device here, and I've never seen it BSOD. I'm currently running the 1.32.28356 drivers, on Windows 7 64bit.
Thanks for suggestions guys, last 2 try it BSOD before even the scan window pops up, right after I hit scan button - bang!

I tried to add the setting to registry, but it bsod before it create any file, and now the tuner refuse to start, windows report it has been tempered with and refuse to start it !!!, nothing works, I've turned computer on/off, turned device on/off, removed drivers completely and reinstalled. All the same, tuner installs without complain on W8 eva, I'm installing NPVR there now to test.
Sub, the BSOD is different every time, I will check event log, I've also sent a memory dump to Hauppauge, maybe they can help.

I'll test W8 first, then back to WHS2011

btw, I'm using the same driver.
Just did a full scan on W8 (same computer, same driver) no problems.

Must be something about NPVR and WHS2011 that don't agree.

Event log:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000019 (0x0000000000000022, 0xfffffa8000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000).

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff88002f7be2b, 0xfffff88004b02938, 0xfffff88004b02190).

These are the two different reports I find several times in event log.

Seems I have to reinstall WHS now, because it simply refuse to start the hauppauge card.
To help others, WHS2011 install wipes whole disk, not just the install partition. Lost some data there Sad
Pages: 1 2