NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What's that video file time reindexing utility again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use to have the issue with bad/corrupt time indexes on recordings in GBPVR quite frequently. With this issue it was not possible to skip during playback, which was an annoyance (man, we are spoiled!) especially with long recordings. I will say the occurrence of this problem (for me) has dropped dramatically with NPVR (kudos, Sub!), but I still do run into it occasionally. With GBPVR there was a utility you could run on the .mpg that would re-index the timeline of the recording file and then it would work fine. Does that utility still exist and does it work on the .ts files? Can someone point me towards it? I'm either using the wrong terminology in my searches or maybe I'm just getting too many false hits, but I haven't been able to locate it.

I just found another such recording. The odd thing with this one is that the playback time is counting down from the end time (instead of counting up from 0:00). The video is actually playing forwards as you'd expect.

Thanks,
-Brad
FYI, I am using NPVR v2.5.5. If I could remember how to get to the "edit signature" part of my profile I would update that.
The old mpeg-ps program don't work to well on the files the NextPVR makes. I find TSMuxeR pretty good at fixing timelines. Some people like commercial programs like VideoRedo and TSDoctor

Martin
Thanks Martin, I'll give TSMuxeR and the others a try. I believe I found the commercial ones you listed in my searches, but they didn't sound familiar. I suppose it's not too surprizing that the older utils don't work, although I didn't think the TS file format was all that new.