NextPVR Forums

Full Version: OpenTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Although I've not tried to get NPVR running since I suffered the inability to scan transponders, I do have another question. Does NPVR support OpenTV EPG grabbing? Optus D1 carries OpenTV for all the Sky NZ channels including the HD channels to give a full 7 day guide. Would be nice to have a program that can natively access those streams!

Thanks.
Sorry but NPVR only natively supports the standard DVB EIT method for listings.

That said, I'm fairly sure Sky NZ just uses the standard DVB EIT. I just tried it now and it have me a week of listings for the Sky channels.

Maybe you're thinking of Freeview's MHEG5 listings? Or you're referring to something more in the data, other than the usual listing information (like names/times/description).
Hi Sub,

Thanks, you are correct that Sky transmits EIT however, there is only now/next for HD channels via EIT but OpenTV carries all the 7 day guide data for all the Sky listings. As I can't see the picture clearly, does the EIT information get repeated on the now and next programs as that is what is stopping me from using EIT with other software.

Thanks,

Chris
That's not correct. Sky transmits the full 7 days of listings via EIT.

That screenshot above shows sky channels like 'Living Channel' and 'History Channel' on the 8th October.

Freeview on DVB-T, only broadcasts now/next using the standard EIT. Freeview on DVB-S transmits a full week using EIT. Sky transmits a full week too.
Ah, sorry - I missed the bit where you said 'only now/next for HD channels'. Maybe, I dunno. You can always use XMLTV with NextPVR if that is the case though.
Cheers Sub. When using EIT via Freeview DVB-S do you get repeated information for the programme that is on now and on next or is the EPG populated only once with the channel programme information?
I havn't noticed it being repeated myself, but I remember some having this in the past. Turning off 'Update DVB EPG during live tv' should remove the risk of that happening though. The EPG is then only populated once each night.