NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nDroid annoying issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so i have nDroid installed and I didn't configure the values, just left the defaults in and hit save.
Now it's stuck at the spinning progress screen with the nDroid logo top left.
Can you add something that will enable the settings button on a droid, or a stop buttion with a back button. The only way I get past it right now is to clear the data for the app.
This would really only be an issue for a first time install - after that it's possible to change network settings from within the app. I see what you mean though as it does lock the user into a cycle which can only be fixed by clearing the app data. I'll put it on the ToDo list.

Cheers,
Brian
Well it's actually the strangest thing.
I cleared the cache and put in the correct info.
I then tried to connect and no dice.
I look at my FW Logs, since I am at work, and saw that it was passing traffic but it never fully opens the connection, syn_sent:closed.
I then look on the box and I see the ndroid service listening, but never changing to opening.
I then used WireShark to sniff the packets and they are coming in from the ndroid client, bot not being picked up by the service.

now one thing to note, I have 2 network cards in this machine with NO Ip's and a virtual teamed NIC that has the IP.

I uploaded the logs, it seems after re-examining them, it was the windows firewall. Allowing the service to Open Ports is not enough, you have to specifically allow the 2 ports.
It might be a good idea to add that in the notes.
There is a sticky post in the nDroid forum here...nDroid and firewalls which explains this and it is mentioned (and linked to) in point 8 in the nDroid wiki installation notes.

I appreciate it isn't the simplest of systems to setup but I'm not sure I can go much further in explaining things.
It's just an issue with the Windows Firewalls, if you specify the executable instead of the ports, it's suppose to allow all the traffic from that executable, but sometimes it doesn't work, like in this case. I specified the ndroidservice.exe and it was suppose to allow all traffic, but it didn't.
OK, I don't normally use a software firewall myself. I did briefly test with Windows Firewall but probably manually specified ports rather than just allowing the exe. I'll review the notes and put a warning in to explicitly specify the ports.

Cheers,
Brian