NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Is video streamed without conversion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to watch a recording today and the video was a little messed up (ATSC, MPEG2). Is the video converted by default or streamed as is? When I tried XBMC a year or so ago it seemed to not play very nice with Intel (Sandy Bridge) Graphics so that may still be the case.
It just streams the original digital bitstream to xbmc. It's not converted.
As is. Depending on how you have it setup it could be http streaming or cifs share streaming and xbmc might react differently. Your log will show which it is. Which os and version of xbmc are you using? If it is 1080i, you might need to turn on deinterlacing if the messed up means black lines.

Martin
I am using OpenELEC (latest release candidate). It is 1080i - I'll try playing with the settings. Thanks.
cncb Wrote:When I tried XBMC a year or so ago it seemed to not play very nice with Intel (Sandy Bridge) Graphics so that may still be the case.

If I use DXVA with xbmc, video looks "pixelated" during scene changes and after skipping (SB Celeron). In any case, more than enough juice to run without.