NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New to NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Background: We were using gppvr for years and about 6 months ago the program stopped launching. It would say it's running in task manager but did nothing.

recently I decided to try nextpvr. I stopped all gppvr services, made sure all pre-reqs were installed and installed the program. However when trying to run I get a error about .NET Framework, "Unhandled execption has occurred...". I have to end task for the program to close. I naturally thought the issue was .Net. I uninstalled and re-installed all .Net programs and ran windows updates and still had same error. I un-installed next-pvr and re-installed and still had the same issue.

Any ideas?
Usually below that type of error there is a 'details' button that gives more information. Can you click that and post the text it displays?

It's also be useful to zip and attach the c:\users\public\nextpvr\logs\npvr.log file.
I am using windows XP and could not find the file. I even searched the c drive. Below are the details of the error. Thanks for your help!

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
<snip>
You'll need to post that npvr.log aswell. In XP it's in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\Logs". The "application Data" directory is a hidden Windows directory which is probably why you didnt find it.
thanks, I found it but can't upload, I get invalid file so here is the log:
[...startup]
2012-10-12 23:27:01.453 [DEBUG][1] Created mutex. Must be only instance.
2012-10-12 23:27:01.593 [ERROR][1] Unexpected error checking for upgrade processing: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NShared.UpdateManager.CheckForRequiredUpgrade(Boolean tellService)
2012-10-12 23:27:01.765 [DEBUG][1] Version: 1.0.0
2012-10-12 23:27:01.765 [DEBUG][1] SingleInstance()
2012-10-12 23:27:02.062 [INFO][1] About to connect to remote recording service
2012-10-12 23:27:02.078 [DEBUG][1] RecordingServiceProxy@exit
2012-10-12 23:27:07.015 [INFO][3] Checking online for updated versions...
2012-10-13 21:11:04.375 [INFO][1] Exiting...
2012-10-13 21:11:04.375 [INFO][1] Done.
I'm not really sure what might cause that. It looks like maybe some registry settings, or the data directory might be missing. I've not seen any other reports. I'd probably try uninstalling it, disabling any virus scanner, then try reinstalling. If that doesn't help, maybe post a screenshot of the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\" directory.
I uninstalled it, ran cc cleaner on the registry, rebooted and re-installed. I also turned off antivirus and ran malwarebytes just to be sure pc is clean. Same error. Here are the screen shots. I was able to upload after zipping the file.
When you post screenshots, use Paint to store them as a .jpg file, logfiles should be compressed using Zip otherwise the forum sw will not allow you to attach them directly. You should also post Nrecord.log.
Here is the attachement of the log.
That directory does seem to have a lot of mess. I'd try uninstalling, deleting that "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\" directory, then reinstalling.

If that doesnt help, post a screenshot from regedit showing the settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\npvr.
Pages: 1 2