NextPVR Forums

Full Version: merged channels guide has multiple entries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ive merged channels with the same name, on dvb-s nz. i have about 3 entries for tv1, 2, 3 and a few others.

in the tv guide, ive noticed that i have to press left/right 3 or so times to move left/right.

one of these feeds/channels has a slightly different description (2 were called "Gangs of New York" the middle one was called "Movie: Gangs of New York"), which suggests the channel has duplicate epg data from all signals, instead of a master source.

on all my channels with just one feed left right works fine, only on the ones with multiple feeds does it have the problem.

do you want logs or anything?

TIA
On the Settings->Misc screen, untick the 'update DVB EPG during live tv' setting, then do an update EPG. Hopefully that problem will go away then.
thats helped, now only some channels have 2 entries per timeslot, whereas many had 3 before.

the channels im having issue with are TV1, Four, U, TV1 +1, TV3 + 1.

some of the duplicates also have slightly different names, and sometimes start times are different by 5 minutes, eg I have one entry starting at 11:30 and one at 11:35.
im sure i can just delete the rogue channels, redo a scan, select only 1 instance of each channel and then delete 3 other tuners, let nextpvr refind them, double click and select yet to copy settings from tuner i left.

which i dont mind doing, just thought you might want some logs or something in case you want to bother fixing this (if its a rare hard to repo error, might be better to spend your time else where).
After merging multiple channel there is only one channel otherwise you'd see the channel listed multiple times in the guide. For each channel there is a single EPG source, so I'm pretty sure there is no possibility its getting listings from each of those sources.

Is it in that state immediately after hitting 'Update EPG'? If so, email me the npvr.db3 and npvr.log and I'll take a look.
whats your email address? the zip file comes to around 2.7mb, which is slightly more than the attachment file limit here.

and yes after disabling update dvb epg during live tv, and then select update epg, the double up occurred. also tried restart npvr service + gui.
I've PM'd my email address.
reven Wrote:thats helped, now only some channels have 2 entries per timeslot, whereas many had 3 before.

the channels im having issue with are TV1, Four, U, TV1 +1, TV3 + 1.
Is there anything different about these channels?

Are they merged channels, or anything else significant?
emailed you the logs + db.

no, there shouldn't be.

i renamed TV1, TV 2, and TV 3 to be TV 1 SD, TV 2 SD, TV 3 SD. But 2 and 3 are fine

the rest weren't renamed. they're free to air ones, and during scans come up with multiple instances of them.

i have been doing this.

# Setup one tuner, scan for channels
# Edit other tuners and copy channels
# Rename channels
# Added extra frequencies to ini to pickup kidzone 24 and a couple other channels (as mentioned in that wishlist post i did)
# Edit 1st tuner, scanned for new channels
# Delete 3 other tuners
# Closed settings
# Opened settings, edited newly recreated tuners b,c,d and copied settings from first tuner (so all channels are available on all tuners)

I have a TV 1 and TV 1 SD (SD is the one I'm having issues with), TV1 is the HD feed (only one instance of this during scan), but the other channels are just SD and have no HD feed. so nothing in common there.

they are all getting epg on those channels from DVB-S, not xmltv.

all I can think of doing.
hey sub, anything you want me to try?

if not ill just delete those channels, rescan and only select one source for each of them
Pages: 1 2