NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 2.5.5 R1 Cumulative Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have an archive of this they can PM me? I need to revert to 2.5.5. Thanks in advance.
If you are leaving because of bad HDPVR tuning try this patch http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post443700 and turn off the new second option to wait.

Martin
smajor Wrote:Does anyone have an archive of this they can PM me? I need to revert to 2.5.5. Thanks in advance.
I'v got it if you'r not happy with mvallavand's suggestion, give me a pm with your email if you need it.
I'll try the patch and see if it helps. My biggest problem is LiveTV on my clients went from quite stable to freezing only minutes after watching. I've managed a 2 hour view time, but that's the exception. Watching Top Gear on one of my clients yesterday froze every 4 to 5 minutes. I gave up, set it to record and watched the rest as an in-progress recording with no issues.

sub is probably too busy to deal with my post about it which is completely understandable. In the mean time, I've got a bunch of unhappy campers in the household.
In hour 2 of viewing with a client, the mentioned patch, and that setting disabled. So far so good. *fingers crossed*
Unfortunately, the problem isn't resolved. *sigh* I'll be taking you up on the offer shortly, Reddwarf.
here it is... I don't think we need to be all that cloak & dagger about it.

everyone reading this understands this is for 2.5.5, and installing this over 2.5.9 will most surely make a mess, right? right.

edit: and of course you understand that by going back to 2.5.5 you're not helping sub fix the issue in 2.5.9, thus you may find the same exact problem carries on to 2.6.x, right? right.
johnsonx42 Wrote:edit: and of course you understand that by going back to 2.5.5 you're not helping sub fix the issue in 2.5.9, thus you may find the same exact problem carries on to 2.6.x, right? right.

Well, yes I do. Unfortunately, he's likely busy with other stuff and I just couldn't take it anymore. I even built another server *from scratch* with 2.5.9 and a client to go with it as a last ditch effort to get it working. The LiveTV freezes continued, even with "fresh everything."

I've reverted to 2.5.5 and it's been smooth sailing again.

There's a bunch of logs from server and clients in my thread on the topic. I'd be happy to test any patch, as always, I love helping squash the bugs! However, this is a really big one for me and it's one that the family can't live with.

I'm stuck at 2.5.5 sub can devote some resources to it.

Thanks again Reddwarf for emailing them before johnsonx42 posted them here.
seeing the major effort you have been going through to get the issue fixed in 2.5.9 had already made me regret my comment, even before your recent full rebuilds. my comment seems rather more snarky than I thought I meant it to at the time. you've been around here longer than me, it's really not a reminder you needed.
No worries, if there was snark, it flew over my head. I definitely didn't take it that way.

I'm more annoyed that a technical problem has beaten me such that I needed to revert. My ego may never recover. Tongue