NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Blank Screen, no sound, HDHR install. Yet another one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I know there are a lot of posts about this so sorry if my problem is solved elsewhere. I have gone through close to 25 threads and tried other peoples solutions to no avail.

Just setting up npvr for the first time. I get channel listing but no picture or sound when selecting live tv. I get it in other programs VLC, HDHR set up software, Media portal (switching from that software). I've tried changing my decoders and renderer but none seem to work. Tried with the firewall on with allowances for NRecord and NextPVR. Tried it with the firewall off. Tried re-installing codecs saf6 and then cccp when that didn't work. uninstalled all my old codecs ac3filter and anything saf6 wanted me to uninstall. then re-installed saf6. My log's don't appear to have any errors but this is where the experts hang out so I've posted them. Hope someone can help.

Also I've tried recording and I get 0KB files. Let me know if you would like me to post the NRecord logs as well. Thanks again,
It's always firewall related with the HDHR, so I'd start there. Did you also allow access from NDigitalHost.exe?

Also, unless you're using an HDHomeRun Prime, then make sure you select the 'QAM' or 'ATSC' devices, not the 'HDHR' ones.

If that doesn't help, reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the entire logs directory.
Thanks it worked. I allowed NDigitalHost.exe and unenabled the HDHomeRun Prime Device.

Thanks so much sub. Your reply was so fast.
this is the 2nd or 3rd hdhr thread in as many days with the same solution. the guy who wrote that getting started sticky ought to remind people to allow NDigitalHost.exe through the firewall... oh wait, he did Wink