NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Time bug for recurring recordings.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.

I'm a UTC +08:00 user with NPVR 2.5.9.

Bug 1 :
Manual weekly recurring recording doesn't work correctly if start time is any time between 12am to 7.59am.

Example :

Manual weekly recurring recording :

Start Date : 16th Oct 2012 TUESDAY
Recording time : 2am to 3am

Recording never appear in pending list for 16th Oct. Nothing for 15th Oct either.
The first recording will be next week 22nd MONDAY 2am to 3am instead of 23rd TUESDAY 2am to 3am.

Bug 2 :
Updating any manual recurring recording will show a change of time.

Recording time : 7am to 9am

Updating the recurring recording(maybe to change filename) will show a change of recording time to 11pm to 1am.
Although we can easily change the time back to the correct time, but in case some people never notice the change of time when updating.

Thank you!
Hey there! I'm a fellow UTC +8 user too!

In fact what u had described is what I did too, and in fact I created a thread for this. Smile

Hopefully the bug can be fixed.
hopefully sub can fix it with a quick patch or in next release if he has the time. Smile
is sub able to help us with this bug?
since this kind of bug only you can help... thank you, honey.
superman2012 Wrote:Hi everyone.

I'm a UTC +08:00 user with NPVR 2.5.9.

Bug 1 :
Manual weekly recurring recording doesn't work correctly if start time is any time between 12am to 7.59am.

Example :

Manual weekly recurring recording :

Start Date : 16th Oct 2012 TUESDAY
Recording time : 2am to 3am

Recording never appear in pending list for 16th Oct. Nothing for 15th Oct either.
The first recording will be next week 22nd MONDAY 2am to 3am instead of 23rd TUESDAY 2am to 3am.

Bug 2 :
Updating any manual recurring recording will show a change of time.

Recording time : 7am to 9am

Updating the recurring recording(maybe to change filename) will show a change of recording time to 11pm to 1am.
Although we can easily change the time back to the correct time, but in case some people never notice the change of time when updating.

Thank you!
I just had a try at reproducing both of these problems, but I'm not seeing either issue.

Did you schedule these with built in Recordings screen? or was it scheduled somewhere else like TV Listings or NEWA?
I did find an issue. See if this patch helps.
sub Wrote:I just had a try at reproducing both of these problems, but I'm not seeing either issue.

Did you schedule these with built in Recordings screen? or was it scheduled somewhere else like TV Listings or NEWA?

Hi sub,

I set the manual recurring recordings with the built in recordings screen.

Anyway, I have tried out the patch and I think bug 1 has been fixed.

Bug 2 still there but doesn't affect me much as I seldom use the update function.
Just trying to report a possible bug.

Thanks sub for the quick fix again! You are the best!
Hi sub.

Bug 1 has been fixed.

As for bug 2, I have noticed some patterns about it.

For manual recurring recordings set by the built in recording screen, if the minute of the start time hh:mm / minute of the end time hh:mm / minute of both start and end time is not in the 00, 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50, it will be affected by the bug when you go update the recurring recording.

Btw, I'm referring to those entries in recurring recording section, not those entries in pending recording section.

Recurring timing unaffected by the bug :
Example 1: 9.00am to 10.00am
Example 2: 8.10am to 10.10am

Recurring timing affected by the bug :
Example 1: 8.55am to 10.05am
Changed to 12.55am to 2.05am if you go update the recurring recording entry.

Example 2: 9.00am to 10.05am
Changed to 9.00am to 2.05am if you go update the recurring recording entry.

Example 3: 9.55am to 11.00am
Changed to 1.55am to 3.00am if you go update the recurring recording entry.

Recurring recording entries is correct and nothing affected if you don't go update the recurring recordings.
Pending recordings created by recurring recurrings works correctly too.
Only will affect the time if you go update recurring recording entry.
Basically, there isn't any issue if you don't go touch them after creating them. Not a big problem though.

Thank you!