NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No EPG on HD channels from PCTV 290e USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just installed NextPVR 2.59 along with a PCTV System 290e DVB-T/T2 USB reciever.
I get EPG info from all the other DVB-T channels which the card receives, but for some reason, I do not get anything from the 4 DVB-T2 HD channels.

I have tried the PCTV Systems application which comes with the card called TVCenter, and that gets EPG info for these channels (from the same transponder).
Is there a change somewhere which will allow EPG to be recieved from the 4 HD channels. I have read that its maybe possible to use the EPG sourced from another channel with the same lineup, but one of the channels has a uniquie lineup.

I also realise that I could go down the XMLTV route, but am reluctant to do so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Rich
Please stop and start NPVR, update EPG and then post all the logs. Thanks

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...Parts#logs
NPVR will not show the Freeview (or Freesat) HD channel epg as it is encoded with Hoffman compression tables. I seem to recall that the native software downloads the info from the net - but could be wrong, it is over 2 years since I used it - for about 3 minutes :eek:

The 2 options are xmltv or as I use - DVBGuide http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pclare/DVBGuide/ to extract the broadcast freeview epg from one mux to an xmltv file. DVBGuide can decode the HD epg, is relativly easy to set up and takes about 8 mins to ge the entire freeview epg.
I have attached the logs which include the 4 HD (DVB-T2) channels which do not retrieve EPG and one SD (DVB-T) which does.

It maybe the case that the PC SYSTEMS TVCenter app retrieves the program guide from the net somewhere, although, it says that Program Guild setup page that EPG is only available with digital tuners - which suggests this is not the case.
As Lao Pan already said, the Freeview HD epg data is encrypted and NextPVR can't read it. See the wiki: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...EPGOTA2XML
That example on the wiki is rather complicated - for the UK Freeview all the epg data is broadcast on each mux - on one mux for freesat I believe.

My update epg bat only has about 4 or 5 lines in it. - I'll post it tonight when I get home from work.

Also NPVR can use multiple xmltv files so even if you have to use multiple sources it is not necessary to merge them any more.
I use EPG Collector to extract the broadcast EPG data to an XML file instead of using the standard DVB setting in NPVR because it is able to extract the Unique ID which is used to "avoid duplicate recordings". Looking at the XML file produced I can confirm that the EPG data for all the HD channels is not readable. However apart from the BBC HD channel all the other HD channels broadcast the same programmes as the SD channel so once you have an XML file you can change the "Mapping" under "Channel Details" so BBC One HD uses the BBC One data. You would only need to use XML data for the HD channels
As promised

UpdateEPG.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem
rem     Batch file to capture the UK Freeview EPG OTA as an XMLTV format file
rem
rem    Change to working directory
rem

C:
CD \DVBGuide
rem
rem    Get rid of old .xml files
rem
del /Q *.xml
rem
rem    Now collect all epg from Freeview OTA, Mendip (West) PSB1 is on 794000 MHz, QAM64
rem    
DVBGuide -c794000 -m64QAM -e780 -oc:\DVBGuide\DVBT-EPG.xml
thanks for the info here and apologies for resurrecting a thread but I've done something similar with dvbguide -
DVBGuide -u6 -aT -c490000 -m64QAM -oC:\dvbguide\DVBT-EPG.xml -fC
Its created what I thought would be an xmltv xml file that can be selected as the epg source on a channel but i get an error which seems to point to the xml not being in the correct format.

I'm using dvbguide 0.96
Use 0.95, the newest version has a weird header line in it.

Iain
Pages: 1 2