NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Question about Video icons (?) in NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok.. Since I can use my old Pioneer Plasma (6-8 years old now) with NPVR w/o issue I pointed it to the old SageTV folder with about 1.4Tb of videos recorded OTA.. I think it picked up and had available about 385 shows.. Now, none of them have any icons when going through the video screen -- they're all blank (or a solid color).. I will say that I didn't give NPVR any particularly long period of time to fill things in if it wanted to.. Since that was my first time using that part of NPVR I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see there -- do those fill in automatically based on existing metadata of some sort or ??

Just wondering..

P.S. I tried a handful of videos and they come up just fine! Big Grin
This wiki page gives some info on what files NPVR looks for to display thumbs, covers, fan-art, etc: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Manual.Video
NextPVR will use the metadata and images if it's there, but it wont go get it for you. There is utilities like Ember Media Manager that can download it.
Cool. Thanks! I guess I need to RTFM!