NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MyMusic (MVP only) Clear list of issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reven has offered to try and fix issues if we can clearly collate them for him.

Please use this thread to clearly state any problem/issue/inconsistency with as much detail as possible. Please do not post "How to do it" posts in this thread. Please try the problem on your PC client and state whether it works there or not or how it differs.

I offer to try and replicate and confirm.

Cheers

Alan
For me, playlists will not play beyond the first track. I select the playlist, select to load and the first song plays. At the end, it stops and playback ceases.

If I run GB-PVR at the PC, the playlists run fine. Only when I run playlists through the MVP does it not go beyond the first track.

Once selecting the playlist (in either case) I press no other keys, i.e. stay in the MyMusic menu.

My playlists are .m3u files.
That's the same for me.
My music comes up with no info (Artist, Album, Year, Genre are blank). These mp3 files have ID3 info, which I can see when I hover over the file in explorer.
An Update: I checked the music.mdb file and none of the ID3 information was being inserted correctly. Everything except the filename field was blank. All the files use ID3 v2.2.

It looks like MyMusic is unable to parse out this ID3 information correctly.
pauly666 Wrote:For me, playlists will not play beyond the first track. I select the playlist, select to load and the first song plays. At the end, it stops and playback ceases...

...My playlists are .m3u files.

Paully Hi

I have just tried this again and I have no problems either with .m3u or XML iTunes lists.

The .m3u lists I have are constructed within My Music. Are yours or have they been made from another source?

With regard to MIke's problem with the tag info, I had the problem with songs ripped thru iTunes until I amended the comment data in Explorer. Now I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and have no problem with Tags.

Cheers

Alan
Yeah, these are ITunes ripped songs (Actually ITunes bought, then burned then ripped in order to get them into mp3). I have other programs that read the ID3 tag info with no problem, though.
mikeg22 Wrote:Yeah, these are ITunes ripped songs (Actually ITunes bought, then burned then ripped in order to get them into mp3). I have other programs that read the ID3 tag info with no problem, though.

Mike Hi, there is an exchange between Reven and myself in a thread if you want to search, I initially got around the problem by deleting some of the comments ie tag data in Explorer as My Music does not support the same as iTunes.

So you will have to define the allowable tags in order for it to work. As I said I use EAC for actual ripping but use iTunes merely as a Library for music files. My Music actually works on the directory structure you actually have. I rip files and then Add Folders in iTunes.

Cheers

Alan
saintalan Wrote:I have just tried this again and I have no problems either with .m3u or XML iTunes lists.

The .m3u lists I have are constructed within My Music. Are yours or have they been made from another source?

Hi there Alan.

Interesting... I have not created any playlists within MyMusic... they were all created in WMP (and saved as .m3u instead of .wpl or whatever the default is) or in third party software used with my mp3 player. I've attached one (zipped) as an example--often used in testing since it's first in the list Wink

Thanks!
for the users having problems with mp3 tags, the author of the UltraID3Lib emailed me today about an updated version, you can get it from http://www.hundredmilessoftware.com
try it and see if it can read the tags (you just need to download the dll and replace the one in the gbpvr root directory, its called "UltraID3Lib.dll"). if it is still unable to read the tag information (you may need to use a fresh database for this) email the author of UltraID3Lib.
Pages: 1 2 3 4