NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to communicate with recording services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Having some trouble with NPVR. I am trying to watch live tv but it is always having this error: unable to communicate with recording services.
I also tried to find in the forum some similar problems already solved, but I could not figure out how to solve this . Maybe it is because something here is in my language, i dont know.

Posting my logs attached.

Tks,
Rafael
From your logs you stopped the recording service at 23:59 and didn't restart it.

2012-10-16 23:59:27.109 [DEBUG][4] OnStop() complete...

NextPVR needs the recording service running for live tv.

Martin
Turn off your firewall, or allow NRecord.exe, NextPVR.exe and NDigitalHost.exe through your firewall.
yeah, what Martin said. I didn't even notice the timestamp discrepency in the logs. Still, the firewall settings are important.

also, you're going to need to run a Filtercheck and post the log so sub can give you a patch for your tuner:
Code:
2012-10-16 23:51:06.515    [ERROR][3]    Failed to build analog graph. Reason: Unable to locate Capture filter's 'Analog Video In' pin.
@martin
Tks!
Already started here but now im having another problem: Unable to find available capture device.
I have an analog device and I already followed the steps from wiki about how to add it, so now the device is appearing in device list.

@johnsonx42
Tks! posting my logs with filtercheck
@johnsonx42
My NPVR still having this problem: Unable to find available capture device.
Already posted my filtercheck log but I did not figure out how do I get this patch for my tuner?

Tks
sub has to provide an updated file (unmanaged.dll I think), because your tuner device driver doesn't properly enumerate the "Analog Video In" pin; there's a fall back list to locate the pin by name instead, but the Brazilian Portugese version is not yet in the fall back list. he may have missed this thread; I'll pm him.
Try this patch a try.
tks sub.

this is frustrating. still not working.
sending my logs. can you help me?
did you shutdown the recording service and copy over the existing unmanaged.dll in C:\Arquivos de programas\NPVR\?
Pages: 1 2