NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHomeRun Scanning Fails... "Unexpected error in timer_tick: System.ArgumentOutOfRang
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to scan channels in NextPVR for my HDHomerun. The scan goes thru all channels, but none of them are getting listed in the dialog. Looking in the log files, I'm seeing "Unexpected error in timer_tick: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero." messages.

I've attached my logs.

I should mention that I am running Windows 8 RTM.

Anyone have any ideas?
Do you have the SiliconDust software installed, and did you perform a scan with their software first?

Martin
If you're using a regular HDHR (not HDHR "Prime"), then just use the QAM or ATSC tuner options instead of the HDHR option.
mvallevand Wrote:Do you have the SiliconDust software installed, and did you perform a scan with their software first?

Yes... I have the SiliconDust software installed, and all works fine there, even the QuickTV brings up a picture. Sorry... I should've mentioned that to begin with.

I also have added the 3 NPVR programs to be excluded from firewall as suggested in the instructions.
ok.. but which tuner are you asking to do the scan on? With my HDHR's, I see ATSC, QAM and HDHomeRun Primes for EACH tuner instance -- I had to remove the QAM & HDHR Prime entries as I don't use them -- only the ATSC versions.. So, when NPVR was first installed it found 6 tuners (3 HDHR dual tuners) and created 18 devices which I in turn paired down to 6 again -- all for ATSC.. Make sure you're scanning on the proper device applicable to your situation.