NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Key command to select the audio stream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi group,

Is there a key command in NPVR to step through (or select) the audio stream track? I know how to do this with the right mouse button. But, I want to use the "sound" button on the remote. I think I know how to set this up, but I haven't been able to find the commands.

I'm looking to do this because US broadcasters are now required to add an audio channel with a description of the action to new shows as an aid to the visually impaired. It appears that they made the voice-over channel the first or default audio track. This is fine for the visually impaired, but is annoying to others and resulted in a very poor WAF.

I can select the standard audio channel with a mouse, but with Comskip running, it resets to the default track after each commercial skip. Also, older programs don't have this feature. So now there is a need to continuously reselect the audio track.

There may be some better ways to work around this and all ideas are welcome.

emr
most of the keys are defined in KeyMappings.xml in the NPVR data directory. Select Audio is Ctrl-E.
Thank you johnsonx42
Hi Johnsonx42,

I just discovered a redundancy in the key mapping for selecting the playback audio track. In KeyMappings.xml the functions SelectGroup and SelectAudio are equivalent and either one will bring up the Audio Stream menu:
<Key code="{ALT}G" command="SelectGroup"/> This is the Green button command.
<Key code="{CTRL}E" command="SelectAudio"/>

Both of these commands work when watching recordings and live TV. I haven't tested DVD mode yet.

Also, the WIKI Keyboard Reference needs to be updated for these modes. And, the WIKI lists the function Change Audio Stream as Ctrl-G for the DVD playback mode.

I would think these functions should be standardized for all modes and the docs brought up to date.

emr
the redundancies are on purpose, so that the same key on the remote can have different functions in different parts of the program.

regarding the wiki, if you would make those improvements yourself it would be much appreciated. There's a sticky thread in the NextPVR documentation forum about getting wiki author access.
Will try.