NextPVR Forums

Full Version: What is this error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is this error?
[Image: ngZaJ.jpg]

I got this when restarting the NPVR service. :confused:
I had this a couple of days ago after applying one of the patches and restarting - never seen it before. A second attempt immediately at restarting was successful. I then rebooted just to be safe! It is the services controller deciding starting is taking to long.

Restarting the recording services seems to take longer in the latest build.
Lao Pan Wrote:I had this a couple of days ago after applying one of the patches and restarting - never seen it before. A second attempt immediately at restarting was successful. I then rebooted just to be safe! It is the services controller deciding starting is taking to long.

Restarting the recording services seems to take longer in the latest build.
This error is getting on my nerves... I can't get it to restart successfully even after rebooting. Sad
then post your logs (particularly NRecord.log, but when in doubt just post them all). Without logs we can only guess.
johnsonx42 Wrote:then post your logs (particularly NRecord.log, but when in doubt just post them all). Without logs we can only guess.
Done.....

This file was produced after running the "Start NPVR service" icon.
That bit alone doesn't tell much. .zip up the whole Logs directory and post it.
johnsonx42 Wrote:That bit alone doesn't tell much. .zip up the whole Logs directory and post it.
Ok........
It looks like something is wrong with your "Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner" (there are two of them, I'm guessing it's a dual tuner?), it's hanging up the works. The third tuner, "WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod" seems to be ok.

Reboot and make sure when NRecord starts that you don't have a recording scheduled to start right away. Then disable those first two tuners, and make sure everything is working fine with the third tuner. Once that's established, you can start troubleshooting that tuner.
johnsonx42 Wrote:It looks like something is wrong with your "Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner" (there are two of them, I'm guessing it's a dual tuner?), it's hanging up the works. The third tuner, "WinTV 88x DVB-T Tuner/Demod" seems to be ok.

Reboot and make sure when NRecord starts that you don't have a recording scheduled to start right away. Then disable those first two tuners, and make sure everything is working fine with the third tuner. Once that's established, you can start troubleshooting that tuner.

If u noticed the dates of the log files where the mention of "Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner" is made, it's been a couple of days already. And I have already removed this tuner both physically and in the NPVR software a few days ago.

Is it still mucking up the Restart service?
Yes, every time NRecord starts, it tries to start a recording on capture source 20, which is the first of the WinTV-7164 tuners. The one time you managed to start NRecord cleanly and watched LiveTV, it correctly used capture source 23, the WinTV 88x tuner.

If the recordings you have scheduled are single recordings, I suggest you delete them and then re-create them. If they are all from recurring recording requests, then an EPG update should resolve the issue. (settings->channels->update epg)

I do think NPVR has some issues with instances where there are recordings scheduled on tuners that no longer exist. In most cases the recordings just fail cleanly, or find another tuner, but for some reason in your case it was causing NRecord to hang.

You will have to get NRecord started up at a time when no recording is about to start. Or if you're the braver sort, you can use SQLite Spy to open the NPVR.db3 file and delete the scheduled recordings from the SCHEDULED_RECORDING table. Future recordings have a status of 0, in-progress recordings have a status of 1.

To verify a clean startup, in the NRecord.log you'll want to see these two lines:
Code:
2012-10-22 23:25:28.478    [DEBUG][4]    OnStart() complete...
2012-10-22 23:25:32.116    [DEBUG][9]    Client Listener starting on port 7969
Pages: 1 2