NextPVR Forums

Full Version: general Questions | TV/Radio mixed up | Channel ordering | Channel Scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.

I'm new to NPVR. My first impression is, that this is the first pvr that works out of the box. It's awesome easy to get liveTv Smile

First my System:
Intel Atom with 4Gb Ram running Windows 7 64Bit on it
TV Card: DigitalDevices Cine S2 v5
I'm also using XBMC (nightlies) with NPVR addon.

Yesterday i tried some more with npvr and now i have some Questions.

Questions:
#1) Radio and TV are mixed up. So when i watch live TV and im zapping, then there is often a radio channel occurring. How can i separate TV and Radio? Is the group thing the way to go? Will XBMC get it?

#2) I want to order the channels. Is there a comfortable way? Ordering in the Bulk map is not very handy; is there an easier way? By doing it in the Bulk map i found out, that two different channels can have the same channel number (Bug?) - kind of funny when zapping. Also there is the problem when inserting a new channel in an already orderd list i have to edit all channels after the new channel position and increment (+1) their channel number. Is there a way of drag'n'drop (like 4TR has)?

#3) When i scan with NPVR i find about 320 channels (radio+TV). When my digital sat recorder scans, it will find about 1200 channels (TV only). Can you give me a hint how i can find more Channels? (there are some missing, like : "das Erste HD") Or how I can find the error? Which logs can i check?

#4) I have a Problem with some channels. They are found by scan but when i want to watch them, the screen remains black and a message is shown "channel currently not available" (something like this, i don't know the exact message at the moment). "ZDF HD" is an example. Any suggestions?

#5) During scan, the type of the Channel is shown (SD, HD, radio) is there a way to see this information when ordering channels? Some Channels have the same name but one Channel is SD, the other is HD. When ordering channels, you can't see which of the two is the SD and which is the HD.

So that's it for the moment

Thanks for your help
Owel
Owel Wrote:Questions:
#1) Radio and TV are mixed up. So when i watch live TV and im zapping, then there is often a radio channel occurring. How can i separate TV and Radio? Is the group thing the way to go? Will XBMC get it?
The next version of the XBMC addon sorts this out.

Quote:#2) I want to order the channels. Is there a comfortable way? Ordering in the Bulk map is not very handy; is there an easier way? By doing it in the Bulk map i found out, that two different channels can have the same channel number (Bug?) - kind of funny when zapping. Also there is the problem when inserting a new channel in an already orderd list i have to edit all channels after the new channel position and increment (+1) their channel number. Is there a way of drag'n'drop (like 4TR has)?
I've only recently had complaints abouts the channel order. Must be something to do with the influx of XBMC users. I'll try to improve it for the next release. I've not look at 4TR, so I dont know how it works there, but I'd happy to hear suggestions on how you would like to see it work in NextPVR.

Quote:#3) When i scan with NPVR i find about 320 channels (radio+TV). When my digital sat recorder scans, it will find about 1200 channels (TV only). Can you give me a hint how i can find more Channels? (there are some missing, like : "das Erste HD") Or how I can find the error? Which logs can i check?
This may be a case of your satellite definition being out of date in C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Tuning\DVB-S. You could try generating a new one at http://satellites-xml.eu/

If this doesn't help, then it's probably worth picking a particular channel that isn't showing up and we'll work through it. ie, find out what frequency etc it should be on, confirm that is a frequency NextPVR is actually scanning, check the logs for signs of signal etc.

Quote:#4) I have a Problem with some channels. They are found by scan but when i want to watch them, the screen remains black and a message is shown "channel currently not available" (something like this, i don't know the exact message at the moment). "ZDF HD" is an example. Any suggestions?
This is most likely to do with the decoders you're using. If you cant get them going, let use know what type of channel it is (H264 or MPEG2), and what decoders you tried, then we'll go from there.

If you cant get it playing no matter which decoders you use, you may need to supply a short sample file for me to check here.

Quote:#5) During scan, the type of the Channel is shown (SD, HD, radio) is there a way to see this information when ordering channels? Some Channels have the same name but one Channel is SD, the other is HD. When ordering channels, you can't see which of the two is the SD and which is the HD.
It doesn't show this info in the channel lists (since channels can come from multiple sources, and be different types from each). You can double click a channel in the specific device settings though to see the properties of the channel for that source.
Thank's for supoort.

I will try your suggestions.

For the channel ordering thing:
My preferred way would be, that you mark a single channel or even a group of channels, and than drag them to the position in the list where you want them. Channel numbers are adjusted automatically, for these, and the following channels. No more editing of the channel number by myself.

Owel
Hey I'm back!

About #3): When i configure my card, it shows that the Digital Devices Cine S2 is of type DVB-S. It should be DVB-S2 or?
Owel Wrote:About #3): When i configure my card, it shows that the Digital Devices Cine S2 is of type DVB-S. It should be DVB-S2 or?
That's normal. All DVB-S and DVB-S2 devices list their type as "DVB-S"