NextPVR Forums

Full Version: slow startup of nextpvr client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Long time user of gbpvr/nextpvr but recently a couple of issues have meant it is frustrating to use at the moment.

It takes abut 20-30 secs to start the client exe. The log seems to point to FadeThroughTransitionHelper.GetRenderList() causing a 20 second delay any ideas?
it is running on a Acer nettop pc which runs most things fine.

Cheers,
Adrian
Is this just the time to see the main menu, or are you clicking TV Guide or something? There looks like there is channel names mentioned, so I'm guessing have click TV Guide.
Wow fast response!

Just time to startup, not going too TV guide. It is set to go to the recordings screen on startup.

Thanks
Adrian
What do you have the startup activity set to on Settings->Misc?
It was set to recordings, same delay if set to main menu.
This only happens on the acer net top client PC . The server pc with the nextpvr back end service runs the client exe fine and launches within a few seconds. They both run win7 .
Tried a windows restart and still takes 20 second to start. log doesn't show the same line though.
thanks.
Do you have lots of recordings, and are they on the server's hard drive, or on a network share?
I do have about 1000 files in my recordings directory which is on the servers local hard drive.
adrianeaton Wrote:Tried a windows restart and still takes 20 second to start. log doesn't show the same line though.
thanks.
Try using ip-address instead of server name on the client.
Reddwarf Wrote:Try using ip-address instead of server name on the client.

+1 for that when I had slow startups.
Pages: 1 2