NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Block shutdown while recording prevent Win7 close session?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Block shutdown while recording option is very useful.
But it also prevent you from login out or changing user in Win7 x64. Kinda not needed with Use out-of-process digital recording and Use background recording service enabled.
On the bright side, when you continue the logout, recording continue in the background Big Grin

Just too bad it does not prevent suspend ... :eek:

But for the last few weeks or since 2.5.5?, the PC no longer goes to sleep mode even when nothing is scheduled, all applications closed.
Handy.Man Wrote:But for the last few weeks or since 2.5.5?, the PC no longer goes to sleep mode even when nothing is scheduled, all applications closed.

As much as I have tried to disable Media Centre (without removing it all together), it gets restarted on a full reboot especially on patch Tuesdays and it prevents my PC from sleeping. I have written this script which I run all the time, even it postUpdateEPG.bat

net stop ehSched
net stop ehRecvr
taskkill /IM ehmsas.exe /f
taskkill /IM ehtray.exe /f

Martin
ehSched ehRecvr are both disabled and not running
no ehmas or ehtray running ...
it must me something else.
I went to the list of Services and I disabled
- WMPNetworkSvc Windows Media Center Network Service
- Mcx2Svc Service Media Center Extender
- ehSched WMC Scheduler

ehRecvr Set to manual, not running

ehmsas.exe ehtray.exe are not running on my pc

I will see in the next few days to see if it goes to sleep.
Nothing seems to work! System wont go to sleep
But it will go to sleep when you hit the sleep button even during recording .... Strange ...
So I now use Toff to send computer to sleep 10 min after the last recording in the night.
Different versions of windows behave differently to sleep and wake. My setup had been working ok all year with no false wakeups even with several other computers on the network then noticed recently the server had been waking when there was no scheduled recording. Looking at the logs it was doing this every 10 minutes and the network card was the source. The only recent change was my new Windows 8 workstation had replaced the previous Vista computer and indeed turning it off stopped the server wakes. My server runs Vista and I stopped the false wakeups by only allowing management stations to wake the computer which means it now only responds to a magic packet, which is what I wrongly assumed was the default.

Coincidently my Windows 8 workstation refused to sleep when Sleep was selected as it would immediately wake again. This was also traced to the network card so this time I disabled WOL and the computer will now sleep. I didn't bother to locate the source of the Wake as I never want to use WOL on that computer but it could be a problem if I wanted to install Windows 8 on my NextPVR Server.
I saw these WOL in the network card configuration and I updated the driver in the last months so I might be related. I will disable all WOL and do some more testing.
However, my computer sleep well with the sleep button or with Toff and only wakes up when NextPVR needs to record. It just does want to go to sleep on it's own.