NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cancel Of Single Episode Of Recurring Recording Makes Episode "Unrecordable"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Canceling of a single episode of recurring recording causes that episode to become "unrecordable" when another recurring recording is setup.

1 - Record Season (All episodes on this channel)
2 - Cancel single instance
3 - cancel recurring recording
4 - Redo Record Season (All episodes on this channel)

After performing these steps the episode in step 2 is not scheduled for recording.

I consider this to be a bug. Yes ? No ?

Thank you in advance.

Note the following in the log

14:11:22.026 UpdateRecurringRecording(203, 'American Dad'):

14:12:27.812 UpdateRecurringRecording(204, 'American Dad'):

14:12:27.863 - Potential episode at: 11/9/2012 4:00:00 PM
14:12:27.863 ...check IsValid()
14:12:27.863 ...already got this episode: EP00716445.0129 (recently deleted)
14:12:27.863 ...already got this episode scheduled
That's right and that is a good thing, otherwise you could end up cancelling it on every epg update. You can still manually record a ingle episode.

Martin
Yes, as t'other Martin implies, season recording episodes are recreated each time the EPG is updated to catch new or shifted episodes.
I found this paragraph on the very bottom of the Recordings Wiki page :

“When you cancel a specific episode that is part of a series of recurring recordings from the TV Guide, it is only cancelling the specific episode, not the entire season. It remembers if you have deleted individual episodes of a season recording so that they don't get rescheduled automatically each night when it updates the EPG. Otherwise, you would have to cancel a specific episode every day until the time has passed. In order to reset a cancelled show that is part of the series of recurring recordings, you would need to update the series from the recordings menu.”

Each show in the TV Guide has a “UniqueID” associated with it. I have searched for a description of this identifier but without success. Typically this number looks like : EP00687031.0018.0/2. Show far I have seen four two letter prefixes:

EP Episode ?
SH ?
SP Sports
MV Movie

The different types of shows changes how shows are scheduled.

I believe that the description above to applies to EP shows.

I did a Record All for an MV show that had three future airings. I canceled the first airing and then did a NextPVR –updateepg. The canceled airing was then restored.

I have two recurring recordings entries for the same “EP” show – the first for one channel and the second for another. The sequence is for the airing of the same episode is :

1 - Channel 1 TH 10:00 PM
2 - Channel 1 SU 2:00 AM
3 - Channel 2 SU 6:00 PM
4 - Channel 2 WE 8:00 PM

Initially #1 and #3 are scheduled to be recorded. When updateepg is run after #1 is recorded and before #3 is aired, #3 is NOT scheduled to be recorded.

I do not think it is correct for recordings scheduled differ depending upon whether UpdateEPG had been run.
My understanding is that the UniqueID field in the database is populated in one of three ways

1. From a value supplied by Schedules Direct where SD supplies a value.
  2. Calculated by NPVR at updateEPG time based up series and episode values in the XMLTV file (if they exist in the file).
  3. Empty
Most of mine seem to be empty (UK EPG seems to have no unique show identifier). Where a season/episode can be determined from the subtitle, then a unique_id is created for the database. i.e.

CSI: NY-S006E004
Canal Walks with Julia Bradbury ®-S001E001
Carp Crew-S002E002
martint123 Wrote:... determined from the subtitle, then a unique_id is created for the database ...

Is it from the sub-title? Are you using XMLTV? Does XMLTVGUI add the series and episode number to the subtitle? Does the XMLTV file include, for example, " <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">1.4/24.</episode-num> " for some shows but not others? Are there any other questions that you think that I should ask?
Graham Wrote:Is it from the sub-title? Are you using XMLTV? Does XMLTVGUI add the series and episode number to the subtitle? Does the XMLTV file include, for example, " <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">1.4/24.</episode-num> " for some shows but not others? Are there any other questions that you think that I should ask?

Heaven only knows.... when I said "Where a season/episode can be determined from the subtitle, then a unique_id is created for the database" I am glad to see that I didn't say who or what created the unique id !! Source of EPG was RadioTimes and XMLTV

my EPG for one of the shows quoted above is

Canal Walks with Julia Bradbury ®-S001E001

Code:
<programme start="20121113200000 +0000" stop="20121113203000 +0000" channel="47">
    <title lang="en">Canal Walks with Julia Bradbury (R)</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">Season 1, Episode 1 of 4 - The Caledonian Canal</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">The presenter explores Britain's network of canals and towpath trails, navigating rolling countryside and industrial heartlands. Her first visit is to the Highlands, where she sets off on an eight-mile walk along the Caledonian Canal against the backdrop of Ben Nevis. During the journey she recalls the story of engineer Thomas Telford, who tried to create jobs and wealth in the area by constructing the waterway.</desc>
    <credits>
      <director>Clare Jones</director>
      <actor>Presenter - Julia Bradbury</actor>
    </credits>
    <category lang="en">Reality</category>
    <length units="minutes">30</length>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.0/4.</episode-num>
    <video>
      <aspect>16:9</aspect>
    </video>
    <previously-shown />
    <subtitles type="teletext">
      <language lang="en">English</language>
    </subtitles>
  </programme>
I am pretty sure that the " Season 1, Episode 1 of 4 " in the XMLTV was added to the subtitle by the XMLTVGUI software based on the options ticked in post-processor options setttings. I dunno what took it off the front of the subtitle, reformatted it and put it at the end of the subtitle as shown in the EPG example.

But I digress, if this show has a uniquid in the db, then i expect that it was generated by NPVR at updateEPG time based on " <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.0/4.</episode-num> ".
martint123 Wrote:Most of mine seem to be empty (UK EPG seems to have no unique show identifier). Where a season/episode can be determined from the subtitle, then a unique_id is created for the database. i.e.

The are empty in GBPVR and earlier versions of NextPVR but sub recently added an update that forms his unique id.

Martin
Pages: 1 2