NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Null Pointer Exception trying to edit ATSC channel/tuner info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Thanks for writing a great application! I need some help with the latest patched version. (I am running it on Windows 8 pro) I am getting a Null Pointer Exception when I try to manually change the physical channel information using the latest patched version.

My situation. I have two identical ATSC channels with the same program. 11-1, and 19-1. 11-1 is a weaker signal - so I am trying to switch the channel to 19-1. The channel scan only picks up 11-1 for some reason. (I know that 19-1 also exists by using the HD-Homerun tuner setup.) When I try to edit the channel manually by changing physical channel 11-1 to 19-1 - i get a error message that resembles a null pointer exception message. I tried manually changing other channels - same null pointer exception message.

Thanks for the help,

Dano
Where exactly are you trying to edit this? Channel numbers are numeric numbers in NextPVR. You cant use a dot or dash in the channel numbers. You can use them a channel name though.
Hi, This is in the device setup. I double clicked on a channel (channel 11). A new modal dialog opened, where I changed channel "11" to "19" and clicked the "ok" button. I did not enter any dashes in the channel numner - just "19".

This is from the exception message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NShared.DigitalEditChannel.buttonOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
I've just had a try at reproducing this but the problem didn't happen for me. Was there any other things you can think of that might be a factor? Was the channel number you changed to available, or in use by another channel? What epg source was the channel using?
Thanks for your help. The only thing strange about my system is that i have 3 ATSC tuners - (2 hd home run ATSC tuners, and one Haupgauge 1800 ATSC tuner)

i fixed the channel information using SQLLite Manager for firefox - so it's no longer an issue for me. While fixing the channels - i also noticed that some of the "tuning" columns for a few of the channels in the CHANNEL_MAPPING table for some of the devices did not match the other devices. For example "CBS" for device 1 would have physical channel 21 - while "CBS" for device 2 would be associated to physical channel 35. When I initially set up the additional tuners using NextPvr's UI - I requested that NextPvr copy the channels from the previously setup device. (You would expect the same tuning information for the same channel) - So I think there is some type of channel setup/modification bug when dealing with multiple tuners.
You might need to zip and attach your npvr.db3 file so I can try it with your database. If it's too big, do an 'empty epg' before zipping it.
i attached my revised npvr.db3 file. (all the channels have been corrected in the CHANNEL_MAPPING table)
Thanks for your help

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34961[/ATTACH]
Can you also attach your c:\nextpvrstuff\xmltv.xml?
Here it is. Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34962[/ATTACH]
Even with your database and your xmltv file, I'm not able to reproduce this. Do you have the patches installed from: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...arted-info
Pages: 1 2