NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How often does the Recur Record entry generate the individual Pending Record entries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How often does the Recur Record entry generate the individual Pending Record entries?

For example, a daily recurring recording.

Today's pending recording is the last of it on the list, and I have not seen the ones for tomorrow and beyond being generated.

What could be the issue?
Kiwi Wrote:How often does the Recur Record entry generate the individual Pending Record entries?
They're scheduled either at the time you create the recurring recording, or nightly with the automated EPG update.

For EPG based recordings, it'll schedule any episode in your EPG that matches the criteria, so you could get recordings scheduled for up to a couple of weeks away if you had 14 days of listings.

For manual recordings, it'll schedule up to 10 days out.
sub Wrote:They're scheduled either at the time you create the recurring recording, or nightly with the automated EPG update.

For EPG based recordings, it'll schedule any episode in your EPG that matches the criteria, so you could get recordings scheduled for up to a couple of weeks away if you had 14 days of listings.

For manual recordings, it'll schedule up to 10 days out.
I see... mine are manual recordings. So now what should I do to populate the pending recordings?
When did you create it?

Does hitting the Settings->Channels->Update EPG button fix it?
sub Wrote:When did you create it?

Does hitting the Settings->Channels->Update EPG button fix it?

Probably some time ago.

Yes updating EPG populates the pending recordings again.

Anyway, I disabled the updating of EPG because it disrupts those recordings that occur at the same time as the update time.

Setting a time where no recording occurs is impossible because recording is done 24/7.

Any way to populate the pending recordings entries without updating EPG?
Kiwi Wrote:Anyway, I disabled the updating of EPG because it disrupts those recordings that occur at the same time as the update time.
That'll be your reason then.

Quote:Setting a time where no recording occurs is impossible because recording is done 24/7.
Who records everything, unless you're doing it for some commercial purpose?
Recording 24/7 does not necessarily means recording all channels 24/7.

It can also mean there is at least 1 recording of any channel going on every hour.
sub Wrote:That'll be your reason then.

Who records everything, unless you're doing it for some commercial purpose?

badboyz has explained it correctly. Recording 24/7 doesn't mean recording all channels 24/7.

Besides, why is the function to process the manual recurring recordings bundled with the EPG update when it's not needed? Clearly there is a need to separate the function and let users decide the time to process them without doing a EPG update.
There is the command option

NextPVR -recurring

that should do what you want.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:There is the command option

NextPVR -recurring

that should do what you want.

Martin
Hey thanks, this works. So this only perform the generation of the pending recordings without doing an EPG update?
Pages: 1 2